Warhammer: The Old World reveal

• 1 month later...

The new army boxes look really nice. That TK one has 93 guys in it. Spikey bits did a cost analysis on this and valued it over $700 by GW's current pricing trends. I don't think they will sell for less than $500.

Thinking back to the battalion box for TK which started at $75 for 51 models....why oh why did I ever get rid of my TK? 😞

34 minutes ago, dalmer said:

Bretonnia - $ 198ish

Tomb Kings - $ 223ish

All metal models

Starter sets and a lot of returning kits are plastic.

There’s also a bazillion great fantasy/historical kits from other companies that would make great, easy proxies at a fraction the price.

• Like 1

I thought I saw $290 for the TK box, and definitely not all metal models. take away $40 for the rulebook, that's $250 for 91 models. Under $3 a model for GW is fairly unheard of nowadays, so kudos to them. With online discount pushing it to around $2.25 a model.... again though, for the vast majority of models, old sculpts that didn't change a lick. So barely any cost to GW for them. 

But you are right. I actually have an entire STL library for desert skeleton army. And is it really worth playing $40-60 for an giant bloated book with rules from previous editions? probably not. I'm sure all of the publications will make their way to the dark web soon enough 😉

• Like 1