Got my first beastman game in...

The army performed pretty much as I expected it would.  Made my fair share of mistakes and had the typical ups and downs with the dice...  Rolled a pair of 1s for my General and BSB on turn 1 for Gaze of the Gods.  Walked slowly across the board and punched my opponents general (and block of State Troops) in the nose with half a unit of Gor, got the charge, got Primal Fury on doubles for Frenzy and made 16 attacks...  Broke him and ran him down.

In the end it was a resounding success with screens screening and hammers hammering and anvils...  Well, holding anyway.  Lots of flexibiltiy for blocks and a monster mash list.

• Like 4

I think they're a pretty solid army in TOW.  They've got some weaknesses (poor Ld with no char higher than 8.) and not many saves to speak of (which may be quite common in non-Warrior/Dwarf lists) but they have solid, flavorful choices all over the list to compensate and with the Primal Fury/Blood Rage mechanics and their (costly) rare choices they offer a lot of ways to shape the list in general.

So I was running 1k points as a test for escalation.

The target 2K list is:

Beastmen Brayherds - Mulling - [1997pts]

Spoiler

## Main Force [1997pts]

### Characters [716pts]
Bray-Shaman [215pts]:
• 1x Bray-Shaman: Braystaff, Razorgor Chariot, Razorgor, Hand Weapon, Bestigor Crew, Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Gor Crew, Cavalry Spear, Hand Weapon, Wizard Level 2, Daemonology

Great Bray-Shaman [330pts]:
• 1x Great Bray-Shaman: Braystaff, General, Razorgor Chariot, Razorgor, Hand Weapon, Bestigor Crew, Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Gor Crew, Cavalry Spear, Hand Weapon, Wizard Level 4, Dark Magic, Hagtree Fetish

Wargor [171pts]:
• 1x Wargor: Hand Weapon, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Mangelder, Crown of Horns

### Core [502pts]
Gor Herds [213pts]:
• 23x Gor: Hand Weapon, Shields

• 1x Standard Bearer: Manbane Standard

• 1x True-horn: Additional Hand Weapon
  , Magic Standard
Razorgor Herds [52pts]:
• 1x Razorgor: Hand Weapon, Light Armour

Razorgor Herds [52pts]:
• 1x Razorgor: Hand Weapon, Light Armour

Tuskgor Chariots [85pts]:
• 1x Tuskgor Chariot: Tuskgor, Hand Weapon, Bestigor Crew, Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Gor Crew, Cavalry Spear, Hand Weapon

Ungor Herds [50pts]:
• 10x Ungor: Hand Weapon, Shortbow

Ungor Herds [50pts]:

### Special [535pts]
Cockatrice [200pts]:
• 1x Cockatrice: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Petrifying gaze, Poisoned Attacks, Acidic vomit

Dragon Ogres [70pts]:
• 1x Dragon Ogre: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon

• 1x Shartak

Dragon Ogres [70pts]:

• 1x Shartak

Jabberslythe [195pts]:
• 1x Jabberslythe: Heavy Armour, Slythey tongue, Wicked claws

### Rare [244pts]
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth [244pts]:
• 1x Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Additional Hand Weapon, Uncanny Senses

My 1k list was:

Beastmen Brayherds - Escalation - 1000 - [1000pts]

Spoiler

## Main Force [1000pts]

### Characters [346pts]
Bray-Shaman [215pts]:
• 1x Bray-Shaman: Braystaff, General, Razorgor Chariot, Razorgor, Hand Weapon, Bestigor Crew, Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Gor Crew, Cavalry Spear, Hand Weapon, Wizard Level 2, Daemonology

Wargor [131pts]:
• 1x Wargor: Hand Weapon, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour, Crown of Horns

### Core [273pts]
Gor Herds [138pts]:
• 18x Gor: Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon

• 1x Standard Bearer

• 1x True-horn: Additional Hand Weapon

Tuskgor Chariots [85pts]:
• 1x Tuskgor Chariot: Tuskgor, Hand Weapon, Bestigor Crew, Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Gor Crew, Cavalry Spear, Hand Weapon

Ungor Herds [50pts]:

### Special [140pts]
Dragon Ogres [70pts]:

• 1x Shartak

Dragon Ogres [70pts]:

• 1x Shartak

### Rare [241pts]
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth [241pts]:
• 1x Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Uncanny Senses

After the game I talked to my opponent about how nasty he thought the list was.  It's not like a Dragon list or anything but at 1k points he commented that the Dragon Ogres were hard for him to deal with.  (It didn't help him that turn 1 was Viletide successful on his Empire Knights and his Impetuous Pistoliers failed their test and hit a DO by their lonesome...)

I'm considering dropping the GW on the DOs for Halberds after yesterday.  It's kinda a toss up...  Putting Humies in tin cans seems to be a popular pastime so I might regret not having the AP-2.

To make this 1k version softer I might drop one of the DOs, pick up the other Ungor Herd and some more Gor?  Honestly though, the reason this Beastman list works as well as it does is because it overwhelms you with targets...  People look at 4 chariots, 2 Razorgors, the DOs, Shaggoth and monsters and forget to think about the Gor.  Last nigth my Gor ate a fireball that I failed to stop, were shot by a Mortar and still hit my opponent's State Troop block (With Oaken Shield up for a 5++) hard enough to put him on snake eyes and run him down.  I'd set up the Shaggoth for an overrun into the flank and didn't need to because he wsn't there.

• Like 1