May be getting into Necromunda for the first time.

Talapas

Yes and no?

Totally depends on what you're looking to do.  The box sets are great starter sets - come with two factions, solid amounts of terrain, a bunch of missions and rough campaign format.  If you're going to play with a couple other people and use that book as the basis, you should be good to go.

One word of caution - Corpse Grinder Cult are frequently regarded as a little overpowered and Enforcers are generally regarded as underpowered when compared to the standard 'House' gangs.  

What other rules would you need to pick up?  Will totally depend where/who you're playing with.   Generally the local ringleader is going to be the best person to check with, as it probably varies from group to group.  As far as what's been published, etc:

There is an updated 'Core' Rulebook that has a handful of updates to the rules, another campaign type,  vehicle rules, etc.  Its a massive 300+ pages.

There are a variety of Codex style books that have broader lists for most of the gangs.  Enforcers are doubled in the Book of Judgement.  Corpse Grinders (as well as Genestealer cult and Helot Cults (generic chaos)) are in the Book of Ruin.   House of Iron for Orlock, House of Chains for Golaith, etc.

There are also a handful of extra units in the series of Aranthian Succession campaign books.  Goliath Mauler motorcycles, the Enforcer Tauros Venator, etc.

There are missions/scenarios all over.   Gang tactics cards are available as card packs but duplicated in the House of and Campaign books...  Honestly its a bit of a mess.

There is a kindly local arbitrator who could connect you to some resources if you're unable to find them across the internet on your own.  I also have hard copies of all of the books and will be glad to bring them to the clubhouse if requested.

If I remember, I'll snap a photo of my necromunda bookshelf, for general shaming and bewilderment.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Talapas said:

Thanks! It sounds overwhelming but I’ll try and find a group to learn with and hopefully pick it up quick.  My worry is I’m a bit of a completist so I may be getting in deep.  Lol

It's a great game. Lots of fun. I have that box set, and it's got great terrain too. Come on down on a Thurs and meet up if you're free. There's usually at least a couple of us goofing around and playing games. 

• Like 1