PumpkinHead! Check this out!

fluger

That Malanthrope is a boss.  3 of those to cover all the little gribblies and then ASSAULT!  

So to give a rundown of why he is such a stud, he moved to the Elites slot (no longer competes with other HQs) comes in broods of 1-3, and has become a Synpase creature! The fact that he is T5 with 4 Wounds and a 3+ alone makes him incredibly appealing. Add on to that that he has Regen, and, wait for it, provides a 6″ shrouded bubble like a Venomthrope? Good night! What a bad ass.  And that isn't even the end of it, he also has poison 2+ attacks, Toxic Miasma, fleet, move through cover, prey adaptation and he has the potential to nerf enemy units in assault by lowering their attacks and initiative. The icing on the cake is that they are cheap! 5 points less than 2 Venomthropes...

Deathleaper:  130

Tervigon(Allied):  195

Malanthrope:  85

20 Hormagaunts:  140

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

3 Ripper Swarms(Allied):  45

Deep Strike

3 Ripper Swarms(Allied):  45

Deep Strike

3 Shrikes:  105

Rending Claws

3 Shrikes:  105

Rending Claws

Carnifex:  140

Adrenal Glands, Spine Banks

Thank you Malanthropes for actually making Nids more playable!  :D  Even if this list goes second, I can hide the Malanthropes and take my licks and then move up.  If this list goes first, they're going to be in my opponent's face ASAP.  Hormagaunts aren't super awesome, I know, but I love the IDEA Of them, and at 7 pts, they are expendable, fast, and decent in melee.  It only takes 9 of them on average to knock out a vehicle with AV10 in the rear on a charge (incidentally,t he same number of krak grenades needed on average as well).  This list lives and dies on target saturation and hoping to get into melee ASAP.  It has almost 0 shooting and has no answer for flyers other than just covering the board (sometimes effective!).  

Most importantly to me, it plays like how I envision the Nids playing.  A sea of chitinous bodies moving quickly at the enemy and overwhelming them or else dying to the fire power.  

Yeah, I have been watching and reading.  Now to get the book... maybe someone will be doing a forgeworld order soon.  Alas the Dimachaeron model is not available yet, so no point in putting in a forgeworld order without it.  This awesome melee bug runs into the same issue as every other melee bug out there... no grenades. The smart people will force him to assault thru cover and then murder him before he strikes. 10 - S8 atacks at init 1 still sucks when the guys the dimachareon are suppused to kill are the elite melee units. He is in the fast attack slot which is odd for a model that is no faster then any other MC with AG.  I would think he should have a faster pace then a guaranteed 6 inch move while using leap.  The Malanthropes will easly replace the venomthropes which will be a good thing, except the cost for 3 malanthropes is a cool £130.00.  So I wont be playing with those any time soon.  The stonecrusher fex still looks freakin awesome on paper, but he wont make combat unless you buy 3 of them, and run them across the table to kill 1 tank by the end of the game.

That all said, I will probably try and swing buying a dimachaeron and some malanthropes... maybe I will proxy them a bit at Casa de Fluger.

How are they chewing through the malanthropes and the shrikes so quickly?  Just HIDE the malanthropes out of LOS as best as possible.  Snake the hormagaunts back to get the bonuses they offer.  Use the Shrike's speed to stay hidden or just deepstrike them so they can't be shot until they show up where needed.  

Tervigon is also dishing out synapse.  

The Malanthropes will easly replace the venomthropes which will be a good thing, except the cost for 3 malanthropes is a cool £130.00. 

ehem:  

MOD EDIT - No Buenos to link to counterfeit product made in country's that start with "C" and end with "hina".  

Edit:  OK?  I didn't realize that was a faux paus.  Let's just say that it takes very little googling to look up knock offs on the internet that are about half the price.  

I know of the knockoffs... just not sure how I feel about buying from there.

All the anti tank guns are going to be pointed at the Tervigon. The malanthropes will just take it to the face until they die. Dealing with them is like killing a bike squad. If you deep strike the shrikes, there are just 6 T6, and 12 T5  wounds to remove from the table to make the army fall apart.

Conversion Conversion Conversion

OR

Find a credible Counts As

Yeah, I need to get better at conversions, but the time to create said conversions is what gets me. 

Can't take an Allied Detachment of the same faction so your list is technically unbound. Formations and stuff work. The reason the allied matrix lists same faction as battle brothers is for future proofing and formations...

Wait, what?  Where do you see that?  

All the anti tank guns are going to be pointed at the Tervigon. The malanthropes will just take it to the face until they die. Dealing with them is like killing a bike squad. If you deep strike the shrikes, there are just 6 T6, and 12 T5  wounds to remove from the table to make the army fall apart.

Let's run the numbers.  

Let's assume at a minimum, the Tervigon is able to snag some area terrain or something for a generic 5+ cover save, and then is in range of a Mal.  3+ cover and 3+ armor for the Terv and same for the Mal.  

Let's look at what it would take to down a terv in that situation, assuming that it is all in range and LOS

21 S8/AP3 and up HITS unless they have Ignores Cover as well.  

or

54 SMS HITS 

or

27 Autocannon equivalent HITS

That's just the Tervigon.

Now the Mals

14-15 HITS by S7 and up weaponry unless they are also AP3 or better with ignores cover

or

24 SMS HITS

And, there are 3 of those.  

I don't think they are easy to take out as you seem to think, especially since they should be HIDING.  

You have enough crap for two CADs tho. To bad most tourneys say no to that. Take some orks! Ally them in walk in from reserve, profit.

I guess when I say Ally here, I mean, second CAD, since it has an HQ and two troops.  So I guess I was right and wrong at the same time.

• Like 1

I need to pick this up. Seriously, anyone want to do a group FW order to split up at OFCC?

On hiding Malanthropes: Have you seen one of those in person, Fluger? They're ridiculously tall. Very difficult to hide even on decent tables. They're still awesome, tho.

Interesting.  I haven't seen one.  But, still, hiding doesn't necessarily mean actual hiding out of LOS, just using geometry to keep them out of range of shooting is enough usually.  

I need to pick this up. Seriously, anyone want to do a group FW order to split up at OFCC?

On hiding Malanthropes: Have you seen one of those in person, Fluger? They're ridiculously tall. Very difficult to hide even on decent tables. They're still awesome, tho.

I would be game to set up a FW order. I kind of want to wait until the daemechroen model comes out though.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Mix it up a bit and get some sporocysts in there!  

Deathleaper:  130

Tervigon(Second CAD):  195

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

Adrenal Glands

20 Hormagaunts(Second CAD):  140

Adrenal Glands

20 Hormagaunts(Second CAD):  140

Adrenal Glands

3 Ripper Swarms:  45

Deep Strike

Sporocyst(Second CAD):  100

Venom Cannons

Sporocyst(Second CAD):  100

Venom Cannons

• Like 1

I am now thinking something along the lines. I havent hashed out the points yet...

2 flyrants

deathleaper

malanthrope

3x3ripper swarms w/ ds

10x genestealers

2x crone

pod with toxicrine

pod with toxicrine

pod with toxicrine

should pretty much be a 3rd turn curb stomping.  Either that or the game is pretty much lost in the second round of shooting.

• Like 2