Pool of Death

InfestedKerrigan

"That movie is alive and kicking, and then it’s dead as a doornail. Then it’s alive and kicking and then it’s dead…it’s like the worse (sic) relationship I’ve ever had," Reynolds shared. "Everybody has a different idea as to how you’re supposed to do it, and for me, it’s been tough because it comes and goes like the tide…I never know where it is." Sounds like he’s just dripping with positivity, right? I mean, obviously the Deadpoolmovie is a tough sell, based on the project’s violent nature and self-referential comedy, but it can’t be that bad, right? 

"It’s risky for everybody involved," he continued. "It’s not as commercial as they would like it to be. It’s a property that is excessively popular and successful, just as a comic property. So you certainly don’t want to mess that up. And if you’re a studio you certainly don’t want to put something out there that you can’t get back." It’s a good thing Reynolds is giving consideration to the movie studios, since Deadpool fans would probably gather in droves to put studio execs’ heads on pikes in order to get this movie made. I don't understand why they can't just make a low-risk $40 million Deadpoolmovie to test the waters. Not every major comic book film needs to break a $100 million budget just to be legitimate. "

Basically, it's been in redlight/greenlight hell for years.

• Like 2