7th edition order of operations

fluger

Now, I'm only about 9 games into 7th at this point, so still feeling my way about, but one thing that I REALLY miss about 6th is the very clear order of operations for the beginning of each game. 

Heck, even when I was playing like 5 games a week back in 5th edition, I'd always have to look up which of the three missions was which. icon_lol.gif 

Having something like that is super handy.

Now, I know the BAO did one for their missions with some changes to the book. I like those changes, but I'm wondering if anyone has codified the basic book order of operations into a simple-to-read file? 

Things I get hung up on is when to roll for Warlord Traits vs Psychic Powers and when to roll for missions? Is it after placing terrain and objectives, or is it before? 

I just don't see a clear order of operations anywhere in the book.

Any help on this?

• Like 1

I will point out that 6th had exactly the same problem- what order you rolled warlord traits, psychic powers, Night Fighting, and a bunch of other stuff was never actually made clear.

Warlord traits are either fixed or random, while choosing of the warlord is specifically done prior. Psychic powers are again, random or fixed. Night fighting is random too. Seems like you could roll all of these simultaneously with different colored die. I don't see it in the rules that these are done in steps. I think the RAW would do them all at once, unless some rolls actually are contingent on certain rolls.

I will point out that 6th had exactly the same problem- what order you rolled warlord traits, psychic powers, Night Fighting, and a bunch of other stuff was never actually made clear.

I missed this earlier, but you are wrong.  It was very clear.  Here's a photo of the page I'm talking about.

LukVdHx.png

The only part that was unclear was when to roll for night fight.  

• Like 1

The only part that was unclear was when to roll for night fight.  

Isn't that because night fighting is specific to the mission being used? In the past, night fighting just happened to be in every standard mission, but the less standard missions don't always use it, or have automatic night fighting at certain times of day.