Assassin Dataslates

fluger

Overall, I think these units are pretty middling overall.  I could see the callidus being really useful if her -3 reserves ability works for the first full reserve roll as she REALLY hurts flyer armies or any army that relies on reserves (essentially the Anti Lord Hanaur unit)....

Hehehe.  I would also like to point out that this is the sort of unit I would USE as well!

I was thinking about it, and against some Armies, the Callidus's Reserves ability is actually a penalty for her own Player. If I've got a little PCS or Jetbike Squad or something similar that I'm holding back to avoid giving out First Blood and to jump Objectives later on, I'll happily roll that one first and take the -3 on it. No, don't make me keep my Windriders in Reserves!

On the other hand, it would totally screw over the SW Army I took on Saturday. I was having enough trouble getting the StormWolf in on time as it was :P

• Like 1

A single model? My point was that with 145pts, you could have an entire squad that does just as much, if not more.

I guess my point was that she's basically in line with those points when it comes to MCs.  I hadn't considered the ridiculous initiatives of Chaos Daemons, but that's a fair point.  

I think we can all agree that she isn't that stellar, none of these Assassins are, but it has more to do with GW not being able to point things out or use rules appropriately to convert fluff into rules.