Dark Angels in 7th?

Murphy'sLawyer

So I have about 70 or more tactical troops, 30+ terminators, 12 bikes and a handful of other vehicles left of my DA army with command. (Almost a full chapter with DW and RW) It is quite the army to look at.

Now that I said that who is the Dark Angels in 7th? After Tua and Eldar were released in 6th my army never had a chance. I am not even talking about competitive play either, when you didn't run a pure RW list DA just seemed to get pummeled without much effort.

Has that changed now or should I leave the army in the closet till the DA get a new book?

DA are unfortunately still basically regular SM, except they cost more, and get less impressive toys. I've got most of a Company, plus a bunch of RW and DW, and I still haven't come up with anything I like better than what I can do with SM.

There are some. Basically, I've found that regular SM are much better in most aspects, but DA have a few awesome toys. This lends DA to being used as an ally, rather than a main army.

For the gems:

-RW Knights (in small outflanking units only)

-DW Knights

-RW Darkshroud

-Portable Forcefield Generators

-Venerable Land Raiders

-And a few others

Rest of the army is either sub-par or about equal to anything found in Codex SM. Personally, I would have much rather had the DA be part of C:SM, with the above options/units added to that codex.

Just played against a good list of DA a couple weeks back with my Ork Stompa list and won a Kill point game.He had a rather shooty type build with Mortis Dread and a LR combo with some banner thing that was making his Hurricane Bolters all Salvo so he wrecked my boyz mobs but couldn't really do much to the Stompa which ended up mired midfield by some Deathwing Knights.Ended up being a big Scrum in the middle and as usual Orks came out on top with that.

But really I usually do pretty well against DA with my Orks regardless of what I take.

I cant seem to come up with a good list with the forces I have in my Sons army which is around 2k or so but perhaps with Mealstorm mission format there are some possible RW/DW hybrids that could have some decent mobility and board coverage...but as far as a Tourney army I think they are still bottom/mid tier...like my Orks..and evey other army list I make for that matter :laugh:

As for waiting for a new Codex update...with the direction GW seems to be taking the game I would kinda be scared of a new Codex "update" though with DA I don't think they could get any more Mediocre than they are now.

silly questions, with the changes to battle brothers does the bolter banner work for SM or SW, or IG?  On that note does stealth from the special landspeeder work on BBs now?

Stealth from the land speeder always worked on battle brothers, while the bolter banner is specific that it only applies to C:DA units. The "special" land speeder has a secondary ability that only applies to C:DA units.

Don't use it on bikes?  

Try three Land Raider Crusaders with a DW command squad with it inside the central one.  

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

How does this solve the issue of being overpriced? Now you've got a 65pt upgrade to the cost of 3x land raiders and a terminator command squad... Also, do the banners work inside transports? I've been iffy on this point.

How does this solve the issue of being overpriced? Now you've got a 65pt upgrade to the cost of 3x land raiders and a terminator command squad... Also, do the banners work inside transports? I've been iffy on this point.

it do, it be an aura effect and all aura effects get boosted by being inside a bigger model :D

What you really wanted to use it on were the old style GK LRC  /evil grin

it do, it be an aura effect and all aura effects get boosted by being inside a bigger model :D

Is this in rules somewhere specific, or is it one of those where if it doesn't say you can't...?

Not sure what the page number is on the physical copy but on page 355 of the digital version under teh section about Embarking, it says...

If the players need to measure a range involving the embarked unit (except for its shooting), this range is measured to or from the vehicle's hull.

• Like 1

But...but...I just answered the question!  We don't need no stinking pretre!  

sorry, to be more specific

When page numbers from the brb physical copy are concerned I hope that Pretre chimes in with the page numbers as I have no access to the physical brb at work, which incidentally is when I do the majority of my posting.

Yes my friend, you knocked that one out of the park and well done. 

• Like 2

Well, another game today. DA+BT vs BA.

RW knights as out flanking 3-man was amazing again. Arrived and wiped 6 members off the rear of an assault squad, including both melta guns and the power axe sarge. Opponent responded with outflanking Baal dakka pred, killed 2 of 3 bikes. Last bike failed to glance pred side and assaulted with corvous hammer for an immobilize result. The lone biker survived the game.

I also ran a DW LRR, which survived with 1hp. Second game running this guy, in both he both survived after delivering his cargo AND didn't need to have any use of the venerable rule because the first results were acceptable.