2x Dread w/ MultiMelta, Heavy Flamer, & Drop Pod

Ven Dread w/Axe/Shield & Drop Pod

Murderfang w/Drop Pod

2xFA Drop Pod

Blood Angels Allied Detachment

Librarian Dread w/ Drop Pod

Furioso Dread w/ Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Magna-Grapple& Drop Pod

Cassor the Damned

1750 Points. One of the FA Drop Pods is for Cassor, because he can't buy his own. The other is just to bump a 6th into the Turn 1 Drop. Bjorn and the Riflemen start on the table, 4 empty Pods and one Dread (Either the Furioso or one of the MM Dreads, depending on what the Opponent has) go in Reserves.

The BA FA slot is left empty so that I can bump to 1850 by adding 3 Scout Bikers with a Locator Beacon, Cluster Mines, 2 Grenade Launchers, and Meltabombs. 99 more Points, and gets me a Locator Beacon that I should be able to Infiltrate/Scout up somewhere that I can make use of it. Breaks the theme, but should be fun.

Also, while I was poking at this, I noticed that the FW Dreads (Mortis and both Contemptor patterns) don't seem to be an option for either SW or BA. Hopefully I'm missing something, because it would be hilarious to swap a few of those in, ditch most of the Pods (go with one regular, one Lucius, and one DeathStorm), and make this a Highlander List :D

• Like 1

Champions of Fenris Detachment

Bjorn the Fell-Handed w/ TL Lascannon & Drop Pod

2x Dread w/ 2xTL Autocannon & Drop Pod

2x Dread w/ MultiMelta, Heavy Flamer, & Drop Pod

Ven Dread w/Axe/Shield & Drop Pod

Murderfang w/Drop Pod

2xFA Drop Pod

Blood Angels Allied Detachment

Librarian Dread w/ Drop Pod

Furioso Dread w/ Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Magna-Grapple& Drop Pod

Cassor the Damned

1750 Points. One of the FA Drop Pods is for Cassor, because he can't buy his own. The other is just to bump a 6th into the Turn 1 Drop. Bjorn and the Riflemen start on the table, 4 empty Pods and one Dread (Either the Furioso or one of the MM Dreads, depending on what the Opponent has) go in Reserves.

The BA FA slot is left empty so that I can bump to 1850 by adding 3 Scout Bikers with a Locator Beacon, Cluster Mines, 2 Grenade Launchers, and Meltabombs. 99 more Points, and gets me a Locator Beacon that I should be able to Infiltrate/Scout up somewhere that I can make use of it. Breaks the theme, but should be fun.

Also, while I was poking at this, I noticed that the FW Dreads (Mortis and both Contemptor patterns) don't seem to be an option for either SW or BA. Hopefully I'm missing something, because it would be hilarious to swap a few of those in, ditch most of the Pods (go with one regular, one Lucius, and one DeathStorm), and make this a Highlander List :D

Mortis Dreads are 0-1 for non-DA SM armies. The mortis contemptor doesn't have that restriction and is available to all chapters. That said, it is entirely possible that they are not legal in your formation.

Most likely, FW hasn't been added to armybuilder/battlescribe for the non-codex SM armies. This one is commonly delayed or not included.

Not saying that. The StormWolf is probably the best Anti-Air in the game. I specified "ground-based" because a lot of SW Players liked the fluff that they like to fight with their feet on the ground, and being able to field an Army that still reflects that to some extent would be nice.

For the BA, the bit that seemed weird was more the Contemptors. Those seem exactly like the sort of thing the BA would venerate and have for their greatest heroes, with amazing decoration and quality.

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/imperial-armor-unit-index/

or

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Auucp87Ggqf0dEhaNnYzS3VXM1p6MzVvNzdTZXVYWGc&gid=19

Lists the current rules and such for each model. BA and SW use IA:apocalypse 2013 for their current contemptor rules. Yeah, no mortis for SW or BA. SM and DA use IA:2 2nd ed for their contemptor, mortis, and mortis contemptors.

SW can field a siege dreadnought. There are also a few FW flyers that both BA and SW have access to.

I believe the Helios LR can take an AA missile upgrade. That certainly fits the fighting from the ground theme.

Re-reading the IA2(2nd edition).

Mortis Dreads: In the current incarnation, remaining stationary gives them skyfire even if they don't want it. This means that they need to move every turn in order to fire at ground targets...how annoying.

Anyway, to add to the list of SW AA options, the whirlwind hyperios is still legal, as is the upgrade for the helios (which puts them at 280pts for the 1 tank :sad:).

Thought the last FAQ made it optional, but you had to.declare at start of turn

Not in the IA:2 (2nd ed) FAQ.

Not in the BAO FAQ, though they do have this:

"A Mortis Dreadnought (both the Contemptor-Mortis & the Mark V Mortis) needs to remain stationary in its own movement phase in order to gain the Skyfire & Interceptor special rules."

BAO FAQ means that you can't use it turn 1 if you go second. An important distinction.

As far as I can tell, the ability is not optional. Granted, entirely possible FW still thinks we're in 6th edition where skyfire+interceptor means being able to fire at ground targets at full BS. That said, still RAW says not optional.

As a themed army guy, I support this 100%!

Would love to face off against this.

Unfortunately, I'm still like 7 Dreads and 3 Pods short of actually being able to run it. Someday, tho ;)

@BFB: I think the Horus Heresy books might have it work like that for the Mortis Contemptors. Or something. I'm pretty sure I read something similar somewhere for one of the Mortis variants.