Bellingham Warhamsters Game Night - 2/3/2015

smashthedean

Thanks for the help, y'all.  If you have any lingering suggestions I already jotted down a lot of what we covered, PM me or call me or walk up to my front door and knock and I'll answer and then you can tell me to my sweating face.  I have some good notes and will make some good tweaks for next time.

Since both games played tonight drew out of cards and ended shortly thereafter, a quick poll: recycle the trash pile back into the Draw, or not?  Bear in mind that discard pile will contain a high probability of Wormhole cards ending the game suddenly if it's cycled back in.  I honestly don't know if that's thematically awesome, but depending on language deployed it could be.  Do you prefer pressure in the endgame or ongoing choices/ potential random salvation?

No refreshing the draw pile could potentially result in horrible grinding end, where no one can do anything and everyone is just waiting to draw the right cards. Not an epic end.

Alternatively, have the last draw be an end condition. Tally up the VPs and declare the winner. Might make the use of the salvage more strategic.

Thanks for the FoW game, Eli! I learned tons, and am really looking forward to playing more.

I agree with the, last draw...game should end. That way it gives the game a "time limit".I also think wormhole is surprising cheap. Only if you advance it almost all the way to the last space is it more expensive than the improbability drive.  

Maybe another thing could be random obstacles placed prior to the game on some of the planet tracks. 

No problem Jim, It was really fun. I had a blast even if the mission was very difficult for us defenders. 

Two things Brad, the Improb drive may be a little overpowered. It kind of turns into luck of the draw for who gets to buy it next. And then the ability to go to any planet can be devastating. Also that isn't Improbable. That's more like a guaranteed drive.

Next, I know you don't want to change the game mechanic but I will throw this idea out there and if you don't like it then don't use it. What if instead of turns for each, there was bidding for cards. This could speed up the game, and take away some of the chance out of the game. If you go first there is a pretty significant advantage. If you go last there is a really big disadvantage. This may even it out. And yes I understand that this completely screws up the action mechanics, but an idea nonetheless.

Miles, I am playing Keving next week early, but I'm sure we could do a second round later in the evening, and I'd love to play you.  I was just thinking "where's Miles?" and then you popped up and offered to play Infinity - wish fulfilled!

Miles undercooked his chicken earlier this week and thought it would be rude to barf all over the game tables.

Round 2 sounds like a plan.  EDIT:  How many points?

• Like 1