Void Shield Generator Ideas

pretre

Okay, so apparently this sucker is pretty big (the official, limited edition model):

Figured I'd pass this along to everyone that likes their kitbashed or homemade buildings to size match the GW ones.

I got a chance to look at a Void Shield Generator still in box and was able to take some rough measurements:

The base, from 'toe' to 'toe' is 5" square, with the inner edge being 3 1/2" wide.

The top of the base is 3" square and the base sits at 2 1/2" tall without the gears.

The gears are 1/8" thick and are roughly 2 1/2" in diameter.

The pillars are 6 1/2" inches tall, with a 1/8" thick platform sitting on the 3 1/2" mark.

Fully assembled the building would roughly 9 1/2" tall at the Tesla Orbs, with battlements at 2 1/2" and 6".

This means that to create your own, you would need to make a building that would, on average, sit on a 4" base, with a 3" square tower and overall, stand 6 1/2" in height.

Ideas for a good conversion/replacement using other models?

I'm thinking a bastion might not be a bad idea if you made pillars that covered the four HB and went into the air above to give the added height. (plus I could magnetize on my existing bastion.)
  • Like 1

I'd love one of these as a basis, but I think that'd be a lot of extra bits just for the tower. :)

001.jpg

It is a pretty cool kit. If anything, it's cheap for what is inside. That said, thing is 14" tall, so it's a bit too large.

That las turret would look really cool in an Immolator mount....

• 3 weeks later...