3 TWC with WC/SS (Pack Leader), SS/CCW, BP/CCW

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Allied Detachment

St Celestine

5 BSS with MM (in Plasma with RP)

5 Doms with 4 Melta (Drop Pod)

5 Rets with 4 HF (Drop Pod)

Loses me Coteaz and gets me nastier drop.

Okay, I think this is my final:

Plasma Oblit, Void Shield - 255

Rune Priest with Helm of Durfast - 80 

5 GH with Melta, Combi, 3 CCW and MB in Drop Pod - 146

5 GH with Melta, Combi and MB in Drop Pod - 140

5 GH with Plasma, 2 CCW in Drop Pod - 124

Iron Priest with TWM - 105

3 TWC with WC/SS (Pack Leader), SS/CCW, BP/CCW - 170

Drop Pod - 35

Drop Pod - 35

Allied Detachment

St Celestine - 135

5 BSS with MM (in Plasma with RP) - 70

5 Doms with 4 Melta (Drop Pod) - 105

5 Rets with 4 HF (Drop Pod) - 100

I'd like Coteaz, but I threw a Void Shield on to keep haywire honest. Lost me a WG with Plasma combi. I could also drop the two Combi WG to get a second void and a priest, but I think I'm good.

Or...

Drop Pod - 35

Drop Pod - 35

Allied Detachment

St Celestine - 135

Priest with Litanies - 40

5 Doms with 4 Melta (DP) - 105

Coteaz - 100

Okay, I think this is my final:

5 GH with Melta, Combi and MB in Drop Pod - 140

Drop Pod - 35

Drop Pod - 35

Allied Detachment

St Celestine - 135

5 Doms with 4 Melta (Drop Pod) - 105

I'd like Coteaz, but I threw a Void Shield on to keep haywire honest. Lost me a WG with Plasma combi. I could also drop the two Combi WG to get a second void and a priest, but I think I'm good.

Meh. F Coteaz. I'll lay this one out this weekend and see what it looks like.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

095/095 - Rune Priest, Combi-Melta, Meltabombs, Helm of Durfast

600/695 - 4x5GH, CCW, Melta, WGPL w/Combi-Melta, Meltabombs, Pod

155/850 - 5GH, CCW, Plasma, WGPL w/Combi-Plasma, Meltabombs, Pod

200/1050 - BurstTide, Velocity Tracker

210/1260 - 3 MissileSides, EWO

195/1455 - 3 RailSides

044/1499 - Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, Inferno Pistol, 3 Servo-Skrulls

There we go. That's looking pretty nice. I could also drop the Meltabombs from one Pack to take the Riptide back up to Ion, but I feel like the HBC is better Anti-Air.

Ran this today, asked my buddy to put together the nastiest list he could to stress test it. Gave him a rundown of the list first, too, so he could tailor to it. Ended up going up against 5x3 ScatBikes, 3x5 Fire Dragons in Falcons, 2 Farseers, and an Autarch.

Mostly wanted to try to get the New Model Syndrome out of the way, and there was certainly some of that going on. RailSides got Pinned at the start of the Game by my Opponent's Warlord Trait, MissileSides died Turn 1 to massed Scatter Laser and Bright Lance/Pulse Laser fire, despite 3+ Cover, and the Riptide failed 5/5 Invul Saves to die to a single volley from some Fire Dragons.

Space Wolves pretty much did their thing as usual, tho, and the RailSides did get a good round of fire in between getting back up and getting shot down to a single Model and then Charged by a Jetbike that ended up tied up in Combat for the whole rest of the Game. Riptide took out a couple of Bike Squads and jumped back and forth between a couple of backfield Objectives, so I was reasonably happy with it.

I made some positioning and target priority screwups, and I was kind of getting swamped by the MSU nature of the list thanks to (effectively) losing two of my firebase Units early on. Also forgot about the Helm of Durfast at a couple of points, including when rolling my Warlord Trait (got re-roll to hit in Challenges, should have taken my CAD re-roll on that), and forgot the Ignores Cover at one point against a Falcon.

Despite the screwups, I only lost 13-11, so I'm pretty happy with that as a test run.

Wolf At All Costs had a rough day!

Game 1: I pulled MikhailLenin and through a combination of poor choices and poorer rolling managed to get basically tabled. Westrider got a little cocky and got slapped around by an all Solitaire list. Double losses for game 1.

Game 2: I played Jack and his 4 Riptides, double Broadsides and some crisis suits. Ouch. I had some drop pods and the plasma oblit alive at the end and that's about it. Still pulled out a win based on objectives though! Yah. Westrider got a win against a heretic list with Chaos and IG (I think). So win for us!

Game 3: 3000 vs 3000. We played Jack (with his Interceptors) and an Invisi-Wolf Star with Skyhammer. We played it out in a grueling blood fest, but they did everything we did better. Total loss.

Game 4: The betrayal. I got the roll for first turn. Nuff said.

I think we may have been too generalist for the doubles, but that's okay. We'll come back next time.

• Like 1

Unique is one per army, not per detachment. Unbound doesn't mean duplicate special characters.

Though, no clue regarding harlies as I haven't read that codex.

Solitaires are 'Unique', per the current Harlie codex, just like Eldrad and the Phoenix Lords, etc. 

I think for some Eldar players it might be confusing since 'Solitaire' isn't exactly a 'proper name', and though in the fluff there are more than one 'Solitaires' roaming the 'verse, as far as force construction goes for the game, they're limited to one per army I think.

So, looked further into it. Yeah, page 117 in the black box, Unique models are per army.

That said, the black box for Unique models is underneath the start of the second for battleforged armies, so it could be argued to be a subset of the "bound" army creation rules.

I think it's intended to be unique per army, even in unbound lists.

Apocalypse, on the other hand, specifically allows duplicate unique characters.

It is also notable that Unbound lists don't use detachments (aside from formations), so it doesn't really make sense that you'd be given unlimited detachments of 1 solitare in an unbound army.