how to kill a wraith knight and how to get a 2++ on one

derek

So I have been thinking about how to remove wraith knights without dedicating the whole army to the 1 model and I got to thinking about using the wraith constructs from the war host detachment you could in theory get 5 of the hemlock wraith fighter in a list it'd be expensive but with their mind shock pods causing -2 leadership I'm guessing it'd stack from multiple models and if you could get psychic shriek off or any other kind of leadership test on 3d6 and difference in score is number of wounds taken that could be one really effective way to get rid of a w

If those abilities don't stack then you could always just blast him with d weapons too and that'd probably do it. In a tournament setting though I still don't understand if you can take multiples of the same models from that wraith constructs or if you are limited to 1 of each. Also second part of title how is everyone getting a 2++ on a wraith knight

Mindshock Pods only give the -2 on Morale, Pinning, and... Regroup checks, I think? They do not affect Psychic Shriek, as it is not any of those types of checks.

Grav is obviously super-effective against Wraithknights, as are the Eldar Monofilament weapons. Anything that ignores their Toughness value is probably a good bet- including the aforementioned Psychic Shriek and its ilk. Rending attacks work well enough, depending on the source, and Misfortune in particular is exceptionally helpful if you get lucky enough to roll it. Meltabombs and Power Fists can also get the job done, although they are a lot riskier.

I'm not aware of any way to get a 2+ invulnerable save on a Wraithknight; a 2+ cover save, certainly, which is almost as good, but invulns are actually pretty hard to come by.

My friend said people are getting 2++ saves on them now but I can't think of any way and neither can he and yes I know warp spiders do it well too I was just looking at ways to do it without dedicating shooting at them. Since doesn't the rule book say if you are leadership zero you're removed from play

2++ is sometimes used as shorthand for "a 2+ save that is unaffected by AP values," which could include both cover and invulnerable saves.

Being reduced to Leadership 0 doesn't kill you (though I can't think of a reasonable way to do so on a Ld10 unit), but having your Leadership reduced will make effects like Dominate, Psychic Shriek, or Laugh of Sorrows a lot more deadly.

Ok so now with just basic eldar you're not using mass distort weapons how do you work on it

Is this one of those, if I don't use a large section of my codex, how do I beat unit "X" questions?

I don't know the current eldar codex at all, but the Wraithlords should be strong enough to wound the wraithknight in melee and they don't have disort weapon access. The mentioned melta weapons/bombs via fire dragons.

I will note that with regard the sniper weapons, it does mean that any time you do manage to wound a GC, it will be ap2 as per a sniper weapon rolling a 6 to wound. Functionally, the rends were the only sniper shots that most sniper units are expecting to do any damage to the 3+/FNP GC. So really, the sniper weapons are almost as effective as they were before.

The bright lances remain viable, as do the Eldar Krak missile launchers and the fire prisms. Really, anything S8+ will be solid against a wraith knight, and any weapons which either cause instant death or deny armor will be especially impressive (ID denies FNP even if the GC is an eternal warrior).

I don't play eldar really I have a small army being built and I was just wondering without having to rely on the cheese of the dex what would you do. My friend has told me mass guardian's can do it too anywhere in the 60-80 range could manage him. I figure 2 squads of 2 hornets with pulse lasers and anything that can get ap2 access would be goodagainst him but I didn't want to think I just had to load up on mass ap2 weapons