My Fellow Annihilationing Participants

ROGRE

As many of us will descend upon the WOW clubhouse this Saturday and gird up our loins in preparation for table-top combat, my head is full of thoughts and anxieties. Just a few days away and I am waffling back and forth about revamping my entire list. Should I add a Lord of war? Will this crappy troops units gift of ObSec be worth its points? When playing Beasts of Nurgle, is 4 too many or 3 not enough? But alas, I will change nothing and ride this list to whatever fate it and I deserve.

If you don't know who I am let me share a few things about me and this 40k game. I am well known around the clubhouse for my spectacular ability to roll dice that regularly defy statistical probability yet rarely provide the desired number of pips necessary to facilitate my crafty plan. In other words, I roll like crap. This, coupled with my somewhat poor tactical decision making skills have focused my love of playing the game firmly in the "I'm just here to have a good time" mind set.

I will play a version of the Daemon Flying Circus that at one time was considered a hard list, even a mean list, but now I will just count myself as lucky if I can finish a game or two on Saturday without getting tabled. And while I am sure most of you will be able to slog through my army like it was so much gossamer, I look forward to our day of gaming and reckless carb-loading.

A couple of quick reminders:

• The forecast says it will be hot Saturday so be prepared to truly have your gaming mettle tested. Welcome to the sweat lodge my friends but don't be intimidated by a little heat. Summon your intestinal fortitude and remember Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.
  • As AgentP posted in his original thread you must bring food. Let our potluck of chow be revered by hungry gamers everywhere!
I eagerly await our table-top duel to the death with whoever it may be against. But really, I'm just there to have a good time.

See you there!

• Like 2

• The forecast says it will be hot Saturday so be prepared truly have your gaming mettle tested. Welcome to the sweat lodge my friends but don't be intimidated by a little heat. Summon your intestinal fortitude and remember Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

So that old saying, "Victory is forged from the sweat of heroes" will be quite -literal- this coming Saturday, it sounds like! LOL!

I wish I could at least some by and watch for awhile. Work slays me sometimes, but I wish you all the best regardless! :)

Play like a champion!

Also,rem the Parade going on down the street..as in there will likely be no parking spots within many blocks of WoW.

With the hot temps and full house,its very much a good day to just bring whats fun to play,have some good food and drinks and lots of banter:)

Wish I could be there for this one,,have a great time all!

• Like 1

Also,rem the Parade going on down the street..as in there will likely be no parking spots within many blocks of WoW

Not just that, tri-met is going to be a disaster. I'm planning to leave at 7am to get there at 9am. Doors open at 9am, right?

I look forward to a good time, and I am bringing a 12 model list. :) It will be easy to play, and contains no Knights or flyers.

Bring on the food! :)

Mystery list, huh? I'm guessing chaos daemons. 3 princes, 2 greater, 7 swarm bases, or something like that. That FW nurgle GC would be fun too.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I'm bringing the all or nothing knight list. I look forward to giant explosions!!!

My list may be on tougher side but if things go wrong it will go wrong big time.

I look foward to gay times for all.

My one goal is to throw a monstrous creature or vehicle at my opponent.

• Like 2

My one goal is to throw a monstrous creature or vehicle at my opponent.

Been there, done that. Though, for the life of me, I can't understand why he was mad. I hit him in the face with a PLASTIC dreadnought. A couple of years earlier and he would have died.

Wait.......

Oh! In the game! You meant with your Knights IN GAME. Silly me, I just, thought.........

Nevermind.

• Like 5