WFB and Mordheim Empire Merc Army

rudra34

So I've been playing Mordheim lately, and it has really been filling me with a deep need to roll with my Empire mercenaries.   Focusing on small-scale games has given me a chance to put time and effort into individual models, giving them more character and overall better appearance.  The end goal would be to have a complete Empire army painted in this style, were each model has a little something that makes it stand out from the rest.  I've always mixed in ogres with my troops for filler (and because it looks badass) so I will continue to paint them up as well.  I've only just gotten started, but I intend for this to be a long-term project.   Here is my progress on my current warband in all it's glory. (Sorry for crappy phone pics, hopefully I will find my camera soon!)

IMG_0449.jpg

Fearless leader, Henry the Horseless

IMG_0447.jpg

My Two young bloods, Pasty 1 and Patsy 2 (respectively)

IMG_0446.jpg

Marksmen

IMG_0444.jpg

Swordsmen

IMG_0438.jpg

Ogre merc Furious George

IMG_0450.jpg

And a lovely group shot to send home to mother

Now that I've got my workspace set up in the house I should be settling down to paint more, so updates should be on the way.   As a teaser for the future empire army, here is the concept I'm working on for my Hurricanum.   Most of them make it rain, this one brings thunder!

IMG_0437.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome! May I suggest changing Patsy 1's name to Nodwick?

Perhaps, though he needs to be painted before he's worthy of a name change.

He's getting close, though.  I got most of his packs and accessories done earlier today, and I hope to do more before I go to bed.  Either way I want to have him finished by the time I go to play mordheim tomorrow night.  After that I need to decide which model is going to be next.

Getting some work done on what will be my future crossbow units.  The guys I have set up are all handguns, so those will need to be swapped out.  In addition, the models are clearly not designed to be, "2nd rank friendly," so the front rank of guys will be replaced with some spikey wooden barricades.  It will look good when they are finished, and it keeps me from buying 10 more men to assemble.

IMG_0468.jpg

Shout out to my main man, Tapatio.

• Like 4

Do you mix Tapatio into all your paints?

No...but maybe I should...

I've been working on some terrain for a few days and learning the rules for infinity, so the empire boys haven't been progressing.  Tomorrow i have off, so I'm hoping to work on all of my current projects at least a little bit, as well as make some soup for the sick GF.