Starting Nomads

Krieger

I finished assembling the models from the Icestorm box last night. Although I hate assembling metal models I am really impressed with the sculpts. These models look amazing. I love proportions of the different models vs the majority of the GW models I am used to. I especially love Mobile Brigada. He reminds me of Ultron from The Avengers.

I also picked up the Nomads Bakunin starter pack the other day. Which probably wasn't the wisest thing to buy next but I liked the models.

I plan on painting the first starter set today and tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them at least table ready for this Sunday.

Anyone have any advice on what I should buy next or how I should use what I have? I really like, hacking, drones, infiltrating, and the 2 reverand models I have. Granted I still don't fully understand how any of it works lol.

• Like 2

Krieger - I'm of the opinion that there are no bad choices in Infinity. List building is important, but any model can be useful. The Bakunin starter is cool too! I'm not too familiar with Nomads, but Eric is a nomads player and he'll let you know what models can do what. Otherwise just play them and figure out which ones you like!

• Like 1

My favorite units, right now, is my Reverend Custodier and my Hellcats.

The Custodier is ODD, a solid LT choice, and is a good hacker. He has a marker, so he can lob repeaters down range. 

The Hellcats can jump into positions to rambo runs and kill off vital enemy units.

Total Rection Zonds are great when you can boosting them with your hacker, so they have marksmanship 2.

Finally, an Agluacil with a missile launcher is very potent when you pair him with a forward observer. 

• Like 1

I didn't realize there are free terrain PDF files for download on the infinity website. Although I prefer fully textured 3 dimensional terrain. I went ahead and printed about 12 freight containers on card stock, cut and glued them together.

I will eventually replace them, but I recommend them if you're on a budget and want to fill your table with some full color terrain.

• Like 1