Ork units

derek

So I played a game yesterday against a salamanders marine list. I lost 11 to 7 it was close could have gone different if time hadn't been a factor. My question is for all the ork players out there.

When it comes to a list and something you want to have fun with and be sorta competitive not super important to the player but a desirable trait. Do you use the fw bike boss and spam bikes or do you bring things that could be potentially just as dangerous. I had 14 bikes and the fw bike boss and the bully boyz formation as the big part of my army besides grot tanks and the bikes were taken out in pretty much one turn. The grot tanks while fun were a huge distraction for my opponent but also sacrificed me the game due to breaking the squadron and them being fast attack according to the download page on forgeworlds website. Does any ork player have better ideas besides the bully boyz and the bike squad and grot tanks

I feel like if you want to run a truly competitive Ork list, you're going to leverage Zardsnark, Bully Boyz, and tank bustas in some combination.  

There were a few green tide lists that worked at big events leveraging it with a warboss with the fearless boss pole and a painboy as well as the lukky stikk.  Makes for a crazy beatstick unit, but rather unwieldy IMO.  

I'm attempting to be successful with something similar, but with more spread out threats.  I've posted my list elsewhere, so you can go find it if you'd like.  

Boyz before toyz. I recommend more boyz. 90 to 120 if you can swing it. Claw up each of the nobz. Shoota boyz won't need big shootas, but slugga boyz will need rokkit launchas. Open up your opponent's tanks before you charge in an' krump 'im.

While I'm attempting to play this way, I'm not sure this is the same truth in 7th as it was in 5th.  

So I played a game yesterday against a salamanders marine list. I lost 11 to 7 it was close could have gone different if time hadn't been a factor. My question is for all the ork players out there.

When it comes to a list and something you want to have fun with and be sorta competitive not super important to the player but a desirable trait. Do you use the fw bike boss and spam bikes or do you bring things that could be potentially just as dangerous. I had 14 bikes and the fw bike boss and the bully boyz formation as the big part of my army besides grot tanks and the bikes were taken out in pretty much one turn. The grot tanks while fun were a huge distraction for my opponent but also sacrificed me the game due to breaking the squadron and them being fast attack according to the download page on forgeworlds website. Does any ork player have better ideas besides the bully boyz and the bike squad and grot tanks

fun and competitive?  Gretchen army with Meganobz and artillery!  SUPER fun ridiculousness.  

• Like 1

I've tried the mass boyz and it doesn't hold well to armies that can shred boys before they get there since 7th is all about objectives you really need to keep the mobility.

And I know that zhardsnark is boss and everything but he just doesn't wow me if he had a better save I'd be all about him but he only has a 6+.

My opponent did realize that spamming the high strength and low ap didn't do much to orks though.

I don't like trukks but I don't wanna buy a [big bad swear word] ton bikers either.

and gretchin!  Hundreds of the little bastards.  and meganobz.  because MEGANOBZ!  

Lol.  

Who needs boyz when you can have Gretchin?  fer serious!  I dont know how serious Derek is about the FUN part of the "fun and competitive" question but I gotta say:  There's nothing more satisfying than LITERALLY not caring what dies.  Hehehe.  I mean in all of 40K, is there an army besides that that you can just relax about every damn thing.  "Flamer hits 6.  [big bad swear word], lets make it 9.  Who cares".  Lol.

And then when the Meganobz hit something, you can hit your phone which will then make the sound of meat grinding for you.  

War buggies flying everywhere, Artillery that throws its gunners, Huge shoulder mounted cannons that do weird stuff on doubles.  Woo hoo!

I'm not looking at that kind of list though. I am more looking for a list that isn't just cheese but isn't so bad that I'll lose but I know I'll be having orks level of fun. Like yesterday had the game gone on for 2 more turns I most likely could have won. Still had a fresh meganobz squad from the bully boyz running around. And if Im gonna take zhardsnark I need at least 2 maxed out squads of bike boyz

And let's get real to be competitive we all know a stompa is detrimental to that strategy because it's the biggest orkiest walker out there that can crush the uumies and all the gitz inside will have a good time

Don't the Orks have a Warlord titan equivelent? Gargant, maybe...That would be the biggest orkiest walker out there.

Anyway, if looking for orky fun, strongly suggest the Vortex Missile Aquilla filled with grots. Very orky.

I'm not looking at that kind of list though. I am more looking for a list that isn't just cheese but isn't so bad that I'll lose but I know I'll be having orks level of fun. Like yesterday had the game gone on for 2 more turns I most likely could have won. Still had a fresh meganobz squad from the bully boyz running around. And if Im gonna take zhardsnark I need at least 2 maxed out squads of bike boyz

Who said youd lose?  I barely lost any games with that Gretchen army!  Fear them.  FEAR THEM I tell you!

I did lose one.  I lost at the top table.  The mission was stupid though.  You had to annihilate the enemies entire army.  No kill points.  You both lose if you don't.  I actually lost that after a bunch of extra rounds, i cant remember.  His last few little Canoptek Scarabs hilariously chased my gretchin up four stories of a building and finished the job in the end after a slap fight (because despite how cool they are, carbas are just terrible combatants).

Other than that though...  that army didn't lose that I can remember.  I think I did get tied with it though.  I am pretty sure I have that info somewhere...

http://40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/2013/09/gretchin-and-you.html

I feel like in the end it was 10-1-1 but as of the publishing of that article it was 7-1.  Who cares.  Point is, it worked really frakking good.

I run a trukks lot of fun in da back of da enemy 1 or 2 battle wagons loaded with boys trukks with maga nobs and boyz in them. I dont use tank bustas bully boys crump tankz.

My non boyz units are a boss orks without da boss is humys and stinky flowers gitts

Looted wagon wiff da killy kannon

grots cowards but hold da back of da line

werd boy is good and killy

lootas and a big mek wiff a kustom force field or shokk attack gun

So there are better units but I don't use arty or much in the back field. I found the blitz bomma to be good at time, but I leave it at home more than not. I love crumping space gitz with my burna boys, also that much in flamers keep people from assaulting you. I find if I can get most of the units on the far side of the board the big pie plates are kept off my boys trukks are junk after the boys or nobz jump out and i just use then to ram. 

But in all truth Fluger has much more knowledge and experience then me when it comes to competition. I just go fast and smash smash and kill the squishys.