GG hinted at stocking more infinity(finally!)

Don't Panic

rudra and i got a game in earlier afternoon(bloody ass game and pheonix died to ARO crits for second day in a row grumblegrumble we were both in retreat basically at the end hahaha).  but highlight really was john(minnesota guy) coming by checking things out and saying that they were likely going to put more emphasis on infinity stocking!  i mean 'ill see it to believe it' but definitely a change in what they've said before to me!  so thats kind of exciting!  also apparently they are looking into getting legit 28mm terrain... so keep pressuring them and playing there to twist their hand a bit more as it seems to be working!

• Like 1

He did say that he'd like to see more customers trying to order infinity models, gear, or terrain through them before they commit too much, but it doesn't hurt to get the ball rolling.  I'd love to see more in there than the one, sad rulebook alone in the corner.

Edit:  Also, our game was absolutely epic in the amount of destruction we inflicted.

He did say that he'd like to see more customers trying to order infinity models, gear, or terrain through them before they commit too much, but it doesn't hurt to get the ball rolling.  I'd love to see more in there than the one, sad rulebook alone in the corner.

Edit:  Also, our game was absolutely epic in the amount of destruction we inflicted.

'sigh' didnt hear that part!  man when are people going to figure out that is not a way to gauge interest for gaming... people like eye candy and impulses to support your LGS for coming in that day.  making an order only works if you have significant discounts like what RC does.  otherwise its tough to swallow the prices you can find on the internet and delivered to your door vs marked up retail at a game store... obviously just my opinion but it seems pretty obvious if you look at sales in the past year that it is in their best interest to stock at least SOME blisters of infinity.  its kinda sad the biggest game store in our region still isnt on board yet.  just need to keep twisting a bit more hopefully!  if anyone knows people there, just keep the pressure on them cause they pretty much told me 2 months ago they werent going to stock it.  we had some people eyeing the table and one guy recently bought the icestorm looking for gamers so i told him about our ordo group(bunch of xwing guys so of course they like some sci fi!)    :)

and yea rudra bloody game.  my list is dirty efficient, but really dont like how it relies on few pieces.  losing pheonix turn 1 both games really cost me pretty much both games and thats not something i really like having as a risk!  might just go back to vanilla like i did before lol.  when i get my vedic sectional ill be a happy camper to have the order efficiency of steel :D

Yeah, I have tried to order Infinity through them three times and never had an order completed. I gave up. Even though I have been a good customer for years, I can't seem to influence stocking anymore. I have also been trying to get them to stock Secret Weapons products for years to no avail. So I will continue to spend my money at Red Castle where my orders come in and they call me and I actually get my stuff (not to mention their expanding Infinity section). 

• Like 2

sadly, when I go into a store like Guardian - and don't see what I am looking for or what I want… I don't order the item through the store.  More often than not I mentally scratch that store off my list for those items or line of game.  I may try another store - but usually my go to is amazon or ebay - sadly.  And with Infinity - I may only be looking for one or at most 2 figures to round out an idea… OR the brand new hotness released this month.  

Knowing that Guardian doesn't carry anything Infinity (none that I have seen when I go in there) - they aren't even on my gamer radar for Infinity stuff. 

• Like 2

I was in there…. 3 weeks ago… maybe a month.  I don't remember much Infinity there at that time.  But then again most of their stocks seemed depleted in everything I was looking at (more than just Infinity).  I know I was in there over a year ago and noticed they had Infinity in the store - but not much the last time I was there.  Granted I don't get through gresham much anymore.  

-d

Yeah, I have tried to order Infinity through them three times and never had an order completed. I gave up. Even though I have been a good customer for years, I can't seem to influence stocking anymore. I have also been trying to get them to stock Secret Weapons products for years to no avail. So I will continue to spend my money at Red Castle where my orders come in and they call me and I actually get my stuff (not to mention their expanding Infinity section). 

yup me too.  after buying my rulebook from GG ive either bought online or at RC especially due to them stocking it making me happy.  I know they carry some secret weapons products being bases(at least i purchased a few there on that spin rack next to paint) for reasonable prices but selection is limited.   i just kind of laugh when i see two 2 giant shelves of GW whfb/aos things when i think the infinity community is now just as large as that game if not bigger! 

sadly, when I go into a store like Guardian - and don't see what I am looking for or what I want… I don't order the item through the store.  More often than not I mentally scratch that store off my list for those items or line of game.  I may try another store - but usually my go to is amazon or ebay - sadly.  And with Infinity - I may only be looking for one or at most 2 figures to round out an idea… OR the brand new hotness released this month.  

Knowing that Guardian doesn't carry anything Infinity (none that I have seen when I go in there) - they aren't even on my gamer radar for Infinity stuff. 

unfortunately im pretty much the same but i do WANT to support my closest LGS that i travel to/play at.  amazon/ebay/min market prices are below market value and it seems that at least for whfb that they either are at retail value or HIGHER on some things which is silly.  if you want people to order things through you, give them a deal as its something that would take up no space in your store and is straight money in your pocket and everyone wins.  i like the people that work there which are always friendly and helpful and would like to support it more but guess ill just drink beers there each time until they cave in lol.

Have you tried Nexus games in Gresham? They have a LARGE selection of Infinity....

ive heard that, but unfortunately gresham is quite out of my radar for travel.  ill check it out someday when its convenient...

I talked to Angel (the owner of GG) two weeks ago, while I was playing Infinity and other games on the second floor we rented out, and she said she wasn't interested in stocking Infinity. Even though I told her that there is huge interest growing in the area, she seemed pretty decided. I told her about the 20% off at RC (though I stand by my latest review of RC, and will never step foot inside that hellhole again). Angel was basically of the "Let them have it" mentality. I'm pretty confident that it will be quite a long while before Infinity gets stocked there, if ever.

That being said, I have ordered quite a bit of Infinity from them, and I always get my order within a week (longer for preorders or limited/hard-to-get items), and out the door in a couple minutes upon pick-up. I even got a first edition copy (of which I have two, cuz I ordered through multiple places to make sure I got it) of Angel Giraldez' Painting from A to Z book through Guardian.

From what I've seen, Guardian has let up a bit on taking customer suggestions for new products to carry, and I don't blame them. They used to take tons of suggestions and now have in stock a bunch of fad games people don't care about, product that will never sell. I have, however noticed (and had it confirmed by Angel) that if the staff there see people playing games in there store that they don't stock, they will consider stocking it. A big part of their business is people playing games inside their store, at their tables, which promotes foot traffic for the store. Not only will that make the staff aware that people are playing the game, but it also brings awareness of the game to potential new players walking around the store. I have the feeling that if more people play Infinity at Guardian, we will see them start to stock it sooner than later.

• Like 3

I talked to Angel (the owner of GG) two weeks ago, while I was playing Infinity and other games on the second floor we rented out, and she said she wasn't interested in stocking Infinity. Even though I told her that there is huge interest growing in the area, she seemed pretty decided. I told her about the 20% off at RC (though I stand by my latest review of RC, and will never step foot inside that hellhole again). Angel was basically of the "Let them have it" mentality. I'm pretty confident that it will be quite a long while before Infinity gets stocked there, if ever.

That being said, I have ordered quite a bit of Infinity from them, and I always get my order within a week (longer for preorders or limited/hard-to-get items), and out the door in a couple minutes upon pick-up. I even got a first edition copy (of which I have two, cuz I ordered through multiple places to make sure I got it) of Angel Giraldez' Painting from A to Z book through Guardian.

From what I've seen, Guardian has let up a bit on taking customer suggestions for new products to carry, and I don't blame them. They used to take tons of suggestions and now have in stock a bunch of fad games people don't care about, product that will never sell. I have, however noticed (and had it confirmed by Angel) that if the staff there see people playing games in there store that they don't stock, they will consider stocking it. A big part of their business is people playing games inside their store, at their tables, which promotes foot traffic for the store. Not only will that make the staff aware that people are playing the game, but it also brings awareness of the game to potential new players walking around the store. I have the feeling that if more people play Infinity at Guardian, we will see them start to stock it sooner than later.

oh i agree i dont blame them being hesitant about suggestions but what exactly will it take for them to stock it?  they stock every other dinky game so it just kind of makes me scratch my head a bit.  im curious actually if it has more to do with their suppliers not carrying it regularly, etc as that was an annoying hurdle for RC as well.  thanks for getting in their ear though bud.  as i said before, the previous time their staff approached me/i asked curiously they were of that impression that you say of not really going to ever stock it.  it was the same guy i talked to before and i never said anything about terrain to him when he asked about where i got mine as they were going to apparently do terrain orders soon for 28mm games.  i kinda think you did get angel thinking about it as their approach about infinity definitely seemed to change slightly.  just keep being squeaky wheels lol.  i think they will eventually cave... maybe it will take having a gamenight there or something as the AoS guys did that a while back!  

also, WT, lets get a game in sometime bud.  sad we havent played since our beast legions duel!

• Like 1