Simple Army Composition....

Okay, looking at list creation more, how about:

8-10 War Scrolls Army
80 wound army cap
1-4 Heroes

0-3 Wizards
0-3 Monsters

0-1 Named Warscrolls (aka, special characters)

Models must be of the same faction (Order/Chaos/Death/Destruction).

During the game, summoned/reinforcement units may not be gained if they exceed the above limits (excess models are consider slain on arrival, which may cause battleshock tests or trigger abilities, ect.).

Warscroll Terrain is exempt from the above requirements, and are placed normally as per random terrain (swapping warscrolls for terrain features in a 2'x2' section as rolled)

Adds up to 1 hero "slot" to the above. Idea is to allow players that feel the need for 3 wizards, to not have to use all their heroes at the same time. Any objections?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. Though with the 80 wounds cap it doesn't really matter. That many hero/wizards would make for a very low model count.

Depends if the heroes you field are tough or not. Wound counts of heroes vary quite a bit. Archaon has 20 wounds, while a skaven packmaster has a meager 3 wounds.

So, another tweak, does the faction requirement really matter for game balance? I mean, if the goal is simple army construction, do you really think there's anything majorly broken I can do with access to chaos and order units within the above comp system? Or destruction and Death, or some other combination?

So, another tweak, does the faction requirement really matter for game balance? I mean, if the goal is simple army construction, do you really think there's anything majorly broken I can do with access to chaos and order units within the above comp system? Or destruction and Death, or some other combination?

As far as I know theres nothing stopping mixing the main factions in the rules.It actually happens a lot when we do 2v2s or 2v1s as a pick up game:)

For mine, Seraphon, same list I posted before just with an added Skink Starseer for 2 wizard and 4 heroes

Not sure about the woodelf/tree thou...the wife wants archers and tree guys. I was originally going to do the tree formation but dryads are meh at best so I'm trying a combo of Glade Guard with hero's plus treelords

Just a minor point of clarification, 0-3 monsters means 0-3 Warscrolls with the MONSTER keyword, not 0-3 models with the MONSTER keyword. Same goes for the limit on heroes, wizards and so forth.

The distinction is important for units like the Khorgorath which are MONSTER keyword Warscrolls, but can be fielded in larger units than a single model. Multiple units remains multiple warscrolls, and would still count against both the warscroll limit and the monster limit.

No one pointed this out to, I just noticed and thought the clarification was useful.

Don't think I need to worry about that. Treelords and Bastiladons are just one guy

Not running khorne myself, but I figured I'd clear it up when I noticed it.

Another instance is the Pink Horrors, which are each models with the WIZARD keyword, with a mandatory minimum squad size of 10 (and bonuses at the 20-man level)

Just a side note but running multiple monster size models in one warscroll is not as great as it seems.I tried 3 Korgaraths and for a full two turns of Melee I could only get 2 of them in range to land blows.The large base is a pretty big hinderance when you need to maintain cohesion and all.

Yeah, agree. Though I don't think those korgaraths are very good, in general.

Though of note, WoC have a named character, Throgg, which gives bonuses to CHAOS MONSTERS. Nothing amazing, but if I were going khorne, I'd consider Throgg and those Korgaraths when playing in a format that limits MONSTER warscrolls.

Now I just need to rob a bank to get the rest of the models I need lol or set up a gofundme

GG is doing their IRS sucks sale. 30% off everything this 31st. I might be buying some models then, despite swearing off further purchases this month..

Just a side note but running multiple monster size models in one warscroll is not as great as it seems.I tried 3 Korgaraths and for a full two turns of Melee I could only get 2 of them in range to land blows.The large base is a pretty big hinderance when you need to maintain cohesion and all.

Were you measuring from the model or the base? We've done it both ways in our games so I'm curious. Also do you have him mounted on an oval or round base? Mine are on ovals and it seemed easier to fit more models into combat by turning the base sideways.