Simple Army Composition....

Were you measuring from the model or the base? We've done it both ways in our games so I'm curious. Also do you have him mounted on an oval or round base? Mine are on ovals and it seemed easier to fit more models into combat by turning the base sideways.

Model to model measuring as my son and I always play it that way.

The main issue I had in this case was that there wasn't much frontage on the enemy as I had another unit of Bloodwarriors in contact with the target so there wasn't a lot of frontage left.Plus having to spin a Korgarath around so its lower,more outstretched arm could get closer,takes a full 3" pilein move.Not sure if base to base measuring would have made much of a difference as the model only has a slight overhang on that one end.

The main point is that with a unit of large base size models,especially like Monsters and such,I think theres more risk in ending up with a combat were perhaps only 3 out of 4 or maybe 5 models can actually get striking range..were that equals 25-40% of your total unit power sitting out.As opposed to smaller bases,especially the 20mm ones can usually get a more efficient charge and pilein.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic