Rules question abour Raptors' Chapter Tactic

Xavier319

Okay, so the second part of their CT is that if the model does not move, it may fire any boltguns, bolt pistols, or bolter portions of combi-weapons as heavy 1, and they gain rending. Grav cents are SaP, which make htem 'always count as having not moved in the shooting phase', so that takes care of part one. hurricane bolters are not their own weapon, in the weapon description, it states that they "consist of three twin-linked boltguns fired as a single weapon'. It sounds like to me, RAW, that raptor grav cents can move, and fire 3 twin-linked heavy 1 rending boltgun shots each via CT. am i off-base here?

• Like 2

Wasn't there a ruling about boltgun Chapter Tactics buff that specifically didn't include hurricane bolters?

Imperial Fists perhaps?

Really don't remember but if it did then there's precedence that "bolt-whatever" rules don't apply to hurricane bolters.

;(

Last edition there was a note that the IF tactic didn't work with Sternguard special ammo, that may be what you are thinking of. The only specific ruling I can think of for Hurricane Bolters was back in the 6E Dark Angels book where they were affected by the Standard of Devastation under most rulings (although a handful of tournaments ruled otherwise, mostly ones across the pond.)