What's the best way to add power weapons to models?

Xavier319

using the raven guard forge world models in my previous post on raven guard symbols. Since I am running them as honor guard, I hae no idea how to add the power mauls, thunder hammer, etc to the models, since both of their hands are occupied. I would like to hang from belts or have them over their shoulders, but I feel I would have to green stuff some straps to hang them. where should I hang them do you think? any creative ways to put them on there? here's the link to the models.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Raven-Guard-Mor-Deythan-Strike-Squad

using some moderately sized power mauls and hammers and such. they have hands, so i thought about cutting the hafts and having them sticking out from under their cloaks, but i wouldnt know where to put them..

They can take sniper rifles and power weapons?

If so, I would go with stuck into the ground for swords, etc. For hammers and mauls, it looks to be a bit more difficult because of the molded cloaks. You might be able to carve off the BP/Grenade on the right hip on some of them and then mount them there.

True, i'm worried about having them ALL in the ground. It might look kinda goofy. LIke the all just developed a massed case of butter fingers. do you think hanging any off the power backpacks would be tacky? I'd need straps I think.

And the raptors' chapter tactic lets them fire their boltguns as heavy 1 and gain rending, so more or less sniper rifles. and i'm replacing their guns as the barrels are impractical (ie. they will break) and giving them equally awesome sniper-boltguns). but yes, the honor guard get power weapons.

In general, the sniper rifle + heavy melee weapon seems iffy from a visual stance. Unless looking for an over the top, I'd look into making the melee weapon look less bulky.

Given that star wars just made a new movie, lightsabers hanging from their belts would be very easy and in good taste. At least for power swords.

As for mauls, the Arbite power maul looks pretty easy to scratchbuild and is less bulky than others I've seen. The older metal Thunderhammers were also less bulky.

With things hanging off backpacks, as I recall the SM can use magnets to hold their weapons to their armor without straps. I've still seen plastic SM with things hanging off the power packs. I often shave them off, just because the straps are often too fragile to be bothered with, but that's a modeling preference.