Lack of information

Malakithe

I'm kinda on the fence, regarding staying in this game.

I mean, I'm glad GW's got a hard copy of chaos rules as I think they needed it. But, with AoS, GW's been downright sketchy with things. My free PDF army was, without warning, replaced with paid content. The switch from End Times to AoS was also sketchy, with large amounts of expensive books suddenly becoming worthless.

Again, I'm on the fence. Do I continue with AoS? Is GW a reliable enough company to invest my time, money, and effort in?

Granted, I totally expected this switch and still got into AoS. Grrr...can't decide.

Well I'm going to stay. I tried to do 40k but it's way too expensive and incredibly hard to start for a new player. At least with AoS I can get some basic rules.

The extra faction stuff is really only for battalions as far as the books go. The app has all the rules still for free with options of buying things individually incase you don't want the book.

I'm getting the chaos book lol I want to see what they did to skaven

That clan skryre formation looked nuts

The app has all the rules still for free with options of buying things individually incase you don't want the book.

I still lack a phone compatible with their app. Doesn't seem to be a PC friendly version, either.

All warscrolls both old world and new world are available for free from the main Games Workshop website,either through the Age of Sigmar rules page or through each models purchase page.

This new Chaos compendium is an outstanding deal at 33.00 for over 300 pages of scrolls,battalions and misc fluff.

That said,AoS like any other miniatures game does cost a fair amount of money.

I'm getting that book for sure. That's easily the best price for 21 factions rules I've ever seen. You old players probably seen that kinda pricing back in the day but I haven't lol

It's the lowest they could price a re-printing of free rules....

And just wait 6 months and it will double in price.

Okay, so a couple of thoughts.

First, if all of chaos is in a single book, then using the beastmen shaman to summon "chaos monsters" seems much more clear cut that it would apply to any chaos monster, not just the ones in the beast book.

Second, skaven. I've been gathering plague monks, as I like the general concept, but I'll admit, I'm iffy on actual use in game. They'll look cool, which is the main point, but with an armor save of dash (-), they might be a bit iffy in practice. Suggestions?

From what I've read you need a lot of them...a lot. Like minimum 30-40. They die faster the clanrats

30-40 seems low....

The one downer to playing with our overly simplified cover rules is that having a bad armor save makes cover mostly useless.

I'm thinking the key is those Warp Grinder teams. That, or a realmgate. I need to be able to cross the table quickly.

Yep I'm going grinders. A stormfiend unit with grinderfists. Or stormvermin with a grinder team. Of course you'll still lose half your unit even with the grinders. You pop up 9" away so that's a long charge and you miss then you get shot up then charged

The new skryre formation is going to be brutal as the entire army is weapon teams and stormfiends. Grinders for days.

Keep in mind even 30 of them adds up with the SDK system. And hopefully the add in other skaven formations with the new book

What I find strange is there are continued rules for mortar teams yet they don't sell them at all

Historically, one of the strong points of GW is continued support for the older models in the existing armies.

They'll probably create a combined kit for the heavy weapon teams if AoS survives.