New SW Rumors

pretre

My son is getting to the age where miniatures games are going to become fun - so I took him by the GW store in Portland and picked him up some Marines... I'm collecting some Space Wolves as the whole Norse theme just speaks to me, plus it is something different as I still have a buttload of Marines in German 3-tone camo that I've been playing since Rogue Trader days...  Beware puns in runes when I finally get them painted up...

• Like 3

Okay, here's an idea. I need to trim 15 points off it to get it to 1850

WCSF (Counter-Charge only)

Ironwolves GP

WGBL with Black Death - 75

10 BC with Flamer in Rhino with all the goodies - 160

10 BC with Flamer in Rhino with all the goodies - 160

Land Speeder with Typhoon and MM - 50

Land Speeder with Typhoon and MM - 50

2 Long Fangs with Melta and WGPL with Combi in Drop Pod with LB and Deathwind - 95

Wulfen Murderpack

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe and TH/SS - 180

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe and PL with FC - 180

CAD

IP with TWM - 125

5 GH with Melta in DP - 115

5 GH with Melta in DP - 115

Drop Pod - 35 (Wulfen)

Drop Pod - 35 (Wulfen)

Space Wolves Deathpack

Wolf Lord with TWM and WC/SS - 190

3 TWC with PF/BP, SS/BP, BP/CCW - 160

5 GH with Plasma, WGPL with Combi in Drop Pod - 140

Okay, so neat trick with the new wolves.

The Counter-Charge ability was, I thought, only useful if someone charged one of your units, but no.

"Counter-Charge: At the end of your opponent's Charge sub-phase, you can declare a charge with any unengaged units from this detachment, so long as each enemy unit you attempt to charge is locked in combat with another unit from this detachment. Any units that do so count as charging for all rules purposes."

So... Turn 2, you charge an enemy unit with one of your units from that detachment. You also drop some drop pods full of blood claws around that unit. Your opponent's turn comes up and he does not kill those drop pods full of blood claws. They all charge into the combat since a unit from that detachment is locked in CC. Neato.

Rhino rush + fen wolves.  Rhinos come up, GH/BCs jump out double tap.  Fen wolves charge.  Opponent turn GH charge, hopefully clear the kill zone and free to act in your turn.  Hmmm.

• Like 4

Okay, so going Winterman's route...

WCSF (Counter-charge)

Blackmane GC

WGBL with TWM/PF/SS - 140

3 TWC with SS/WC, PF/BP, SS/CCW - 195

10 BC with Flamer in Drop Pod - 125

5 GH with Melta in Drop Pod - 80

5 GH with Melta in Drop Pod - 80

Land Speeder Typhoon - 75

Land Speeder Typhoon - 75

2 Long Fangs with Combi-Plasma and Plasma in Drop Pod - 65

Wolf Scouts with Melta - 80

Wulfen Murderpack

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe, WPL - 180

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe, TH/SS - 180

CotGW

Wolf Lord with TWM and Morkai's - 200

Servitor - 10

Servitor - 10

Drop Pod - 35 (Wulfen)

Drop Pod - 35 (Wulfen)

Drop Pod - 35 (Scouts)

Of course, that's 9 pods and I don't own 9 pods.

• Like 1

So, I'm not sure that it isn't just better to go CAD:

CAD:

IP with TWM and 4 Cyberwolves - 185

10 BC with Flamer in Rhino - 160

Drop Pod (Wulfen) - 35

Drop Pod (Wulfen) - 35

5 GH with Melta in Drop Pod - 115

5 GH with Melta in Drop Pod - 115

Murderpack

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe, TH/SS - 180

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe, WPL with FC - 180

Space Wolf Deathpack

WL with TWM, PF/SS - 195

3 TWC with PF/BP, SS/BP, BP/CCW - 160

5 GH with Plasma, WGPL with Combi, Drop Pod - 140

You lose counter-charge, but gain Ob-sec.

I prefer this one for travel purpose:

Death Pack:

Wolf Lord with TWC, Runic Armour, Belt of Russ, Morkai's Claws, Fellclaw Tooth.
Unit of 6 Thunderwolf with 6 Stormshields, 3 Powerfists.
5 Grey Hunters

Murderpack:

3 Units of 5 Wulfen with Packleader with Dual Frost Claws, 2 Great Frost Axe, 2 w/ Stormshield and Thunderhammer

White Scar Librarian Conclave:

4 Librarian with Force Axe, Meltabombs, Mastery Level 2 and Space Marine Bikes.

Overall Tactic:

Looking for Endurance, Sanctuary, or Invisibility and even possibility of Summoning.

Turn 1 with all 3 Wulfen Unit on the table: +2 on the Hunt Table.
1= Reroll Failed Charge and Hammer of Wrath (Which the entire unit benefits already due to DeathPack, Bikes and Calvary)
2-4= +3" on Move, +3" on Run, +3" on Charge. (Thats a 15" Move, 4-9" Run, Rerollable 2D6+3" Charge. Min of 24" Charge Threatrange , Max of 39" Charge Threatrange)
5-6= Can Move twice in the movement phase. (24" move, 1-6" Run, Rerollable 2D6" Charge. Min of 27" Charge Threatrange, Max of 42" Charge Threatrange)

Wulfen alongside them can Move 6", Run and Charge as well.

Death Pack:

5 Grey Hunters

Murderpack:

3 Units of 5 Wulfen with Packleader with Dual Frost Claws, 2 Great Frost Axe, 2 w/ Stormshield and Thunderhammer

Overall Tactic:

Looking for Endurance, Sanctuary, or Invisibility and even possibility of Summoning.

1= Reroll Failed Charge and Hammer of Wrath (Which the entire unit benefits already due to DeathPack, Bikes and Calvary)

2-4= +3" on Move, +3" on Run, +3" on Charge. (Thats a 15" Move, 4-9" Run, Rerollable 2D6+3" Charge. Min of 24" Charge Threatrange , Max of 39" Charge Threatrange)

5-6= Can Move twice in the movement phase. (24" move, 1-6" Run, Rerollable 2D6" Charge. Min of 27" Charge Threatrange, Max of 42" Charge Threatrange)

Heh. That's pretty awesome.

Death Pack:

5 Grey Hunters

Murderpack:

Overall Tactic:

Deathpack isn't a Champions of Fenris Detachment, so you have to use the standard Relics. They're more restrictive like that than some of the other Supplements.

Deathpack isn't a Champions of Fenris Detachment, so you have to use the standard Relics. They're more restrictive like that than some of the other Supplements.

RELICS OF THE GREAT WOLF

Any character that is part of a Detachment or Formation presented in this book that can select Relics of the Fang cannot select from those listed in Codex: Space Wolves, but can instead select from Relics of the Great Wolf, presented in their own section, following, at the points costs shown.

Westrider is correct.

• Like 1

My concern is how TOs/ITC will err on in regards to wulfen table affect on units with attached ICs.  RaW I think it works as you say (seems similar to dunestrider), but I can already see it freaking the community out a bit.  I'd hate to build and paint this up and then get it squashed, but maybe the Runepriest conclave is good enough replacement if that does happen.

It depends on how the Faction of a mixed Unit is defined, which I don't think GW has ever done. If you ignore the ICs and just go with the Faction of the base Unit itself, it would spread, because they all clearly say that "all Models in Affected Units...". There's no Faction restriction on that part, only on the initial trigger. Basically, it either affects the non-SW ICs, or it doesn't affect the Unit at all, but there's no reading I can see that would let it affect the SW Models, but not Joined non-SW ICs.

Well I have debating on going with an iron wolves list with the deathpack. I have tested out the land raider with terms with the death pack running alongside at 1500. It is really fast and gives you a dammed if you do and if you don't.

I was thinking about two deathpacks at 1500 as well with a base Ironwolves or a cad with some stuff what do you think.

• Like 1