MARCH 5 2016 ITC TOURNAMENT

Lord Hanaur

Saw a LOT of practice games going on this week for this tournament.  Looks like we got some players coming out of the woodwork for this one.  Interesting!

I played a practice game against a mean Space Marine list to join in the fun.  I wasn't told (directly) that it was a battle company until half way through the match.  He just seemed to have SO MUCH STUFF for a 1500 point force so i finally asked him about it  Yup.  Battle Company.

I managed to tie the Primary in the last round, and tie the Maelstrom in the last round despite taking a pretty constant beating during the game.  Secondaries would have to decide.  No one could Line break and no one could get the others Warlord.  So it came down to the ultimate tie breaker when all other things are equal:  First Blood.  Talk about a squeaker.

Also saw Tau and Necrons armies being practiced as well as IMperial Knights stomping around.  So it looks like it will be a fun one.

The funny part about that was i blew his Drop Pod up for first blood and in the process he killed the last two of my Jetbikes in one of my units wit the explosion.  Talk about swift retribution.  Hehehe.

I got a practice game in over the weekend. It was my first ITC compliant game. I like the format and missions so far.

A Battle Company in 1,500 would be tough to crack, though!

Tough...but as I proved, not impossible.  In a mission with Purge the Alien a a Primary, it may suffer badly.  So we shall see which missions will appear!

I had a funny flashback when you said this.  We know you're good with three Wraith Knights.

Well there is an event on March 5 I heard.  Come on out.  I'll make sure Paul puts us together turn one.  It is ITC of course so you'll need to make do with one Knight.

Yeah but I thought that good generalship and careful strategy could beat anything, LH. And that Wraithknights weren't even that good and that SoB had all the tools they needed and people were just underestimating them and if they knew all of the deep and powerful secrets then the codex would actually be just fine.

Five hours is a long ways to drive to prove a point, but we'll see. I might just make it up anyways.

• Like 1

Yeah but I thought that good generalship and careful strategy could beat anything, LH. And that Wraithknights weren't even that good and that SoB had all the tools they needed and people were just underestimating them and if they knew all of the deep and powerful secrets then the codex would actually be just fine.

Five hours is a long ways to drive to prove a point, but we'll see. I might just make it up anyways.

Well good Generalship and careful strategy CAN beat anything.  So you're right about that.

I was never one who said Wraith Knights weren't good.  don't misquote me.  

Sisters of Battle DO have all the tools they need and ARe underestimated constantly.  I definitely say that.  

So i don't get what your point is though.  i mean if you're referring to how hard it was to beat the Battle Company, you should know I was using my Eldar to try it.  I'm not sure where the Sisters of Battle comment came from.  

Yahoo.  Place was filled today with Warhammer practice games.  People are digging 1500.

The Tidewall Rampart was once again flying the Tau flag on high.  Barely won my battle vs. the Orks.  Stompas.  Dayam.  What can you do to 12 HP's and D6 shields?  Fer serious!  

My MVP's were Sniper Drones.  His was his Stompa.  He won maelstrom 10-9, I won Emperors will 2-0 and it came down to Slay the Warlord in the end.  I had killed his Lucky Stick guy for the win.