Feb 27th, Early-War 2016 FoW Tournament @GG (official thread)

barca

My suggestion for 4 players:

1) Still hold the tournament (now a "mini-tournament")

2) Keep 3 rounds. 3rd round matchup might not work out by the BF tournament matchup rules, but still, you will not play same opponent twice.

3) Reduce number of Awards to 3:
- Best Axis General
- Best Allies General
- Best Painted Platoon

Reminder:

Please send you army list to grognard_FoW@yahoo.com for verification ASAP. By doing so we are able to verify the correctness of your list.

I would rather not delay the start time by checking army lists on the day of the tournament.

If you are thinking about two different lists, I will check 2 per person, and you can decide on which of the two when you sign in.

BOOOM!

Endless fun.  My Japanese are on the table ready to paint some more. 3 colors is about as far as i expect it to get but we'll work it.  Also I have a question thats plaguing me.  I cant seem to find rules for adding the small unit of trucks.  It's a Divisional Support unit.  Can you just TAKE those?  Is that why that unit isn't listed anywhere in the army lists?  

I am kinda confused by it.

RE:  I cant seem to find rules for adding the small unit of trucks.

ANS: Neither did I.

Can you just TAKE those?

ANS: My "ruling", for the tournament is YES.

Later, you can post a message to the BF forum and get back to me with the OFFICIAL answer.

Here is my reasoning:

1) not listed in any of the Army/Company lists

2) No rules against it

3) Write up in that unit's section (Transport Platoon, p. 31) seems to indicate that it can be taken with any infantry unit: "The divisions had their own transport pools that could be called on to move the infantry. On occasion the engineer regiments' trucks were also pooled together to help transport the infantry."

I will insert a caveat that the implication is 'one platoon per army/company list', although I am stretching here.

Rising Sun

Divisional Support, p. 31

Transport Platoon (Fearless Trained)

8 Isuzu 1.5-ton trucks @ 30 pts

6 Isuzu 1.5-ton trucks @ 25 pts

4 Isuzu 1.5-ton trucks @ 20 pts

"A Transport Platoon follows the rules for Transport Platoons on pages 47 and 48 of the rulebook."

Trucks are an also optional upgrade for

p. 27, Kihei MG PLT  - add 1.5-ton trucks for the platoon (1 per gun section, total of 2)

p. 27, Kihei Rapid-fire Gun PLT  - add 1.5-ton trucks for the platoon (1 per gun section, total of 2)
p. 28, Kihei Motorised Infantry PLT  - add 1.5-ton trucks for the platoon (1 per squad, total of 2 or 3)

If you want to adjust your list, either send me updated, or bring updated hard copy to tournament

Yeah that's kind of how I saw it too.  It's just an add on Platoon and yeah I dig only allowing one, since it's so unclear in the first place.  they basically just act like "floaters", really. 

It will change the list a bit because I have to actually find those points elsewhere but I did want to have some trucks.

As you know:  Big fan of trucks.