Fyreslayers

Threejacks

Did a test paint and basing for my Sons Duardin,he chose the Drong lodge as a backround for his army,they feature some brown red streaks in their hair and do large tattoos on their bodies.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=954753544600876&set=pcb.954754264600804&type=3

Hope that goes through...

I also made some Blood geyser tokens for the Brimstone peninsula battles:)

So everyone has fyreslayers now? Lol

Its what my Son wanted after seeing crazy little dudes,heh.I just need to get him into painting some of them as I'm really into my Chaos stuff at the moment.

For the bases,I looked up some guides online and seen many using cork to just build up the base then just paint in the crevises with reds orange and yellows.They are pretty basic but I wanted to try something different,,my basing always kinda stumps me as to what to do.I need to up game in that area!

I should note that to mount the model on the cork,I actually put a plastic rod through the cork and glued it to the base so the model has better support.It seems to me that they can get popped off the cork rather easily if I were to just glue them to that alone.

I've seen painting tutorials with the head on and off. For the vulkite I can probably keep the heads on but these hearthguard are hard enough with the small arms holding the weapons over the chest

On a side note I'll have tons of extra parts. Spare hair crests, various icons and keys. Might be good to convert some regular dwarf artillery crews

• Like 1

I was putting together the Battlesmith when I noticed a ton of details on the chest...that will vanish fully after the head goes on. Why would GW put all that effort into the chest knowing it will never be seen through the giant beard?

Sometimes its because the part is used in another model,,not sure in this case though.