Climb Plus Question

Raindog

Last night, I was playing Mr. Exile, and he said when a model with the climbing plus skill used this ability as a short order, it could only climb for one half of the short order. I wanted to be able to walk up the wall, then continue my movement along the top of the building

I am not finding that in the rule or in the example listed below. Can somebody help me figure out what the correct rule is?

* This Special Skill alters the user's Climb Skill from an Entire Order Skill to a Short Movement Skill.

* Climbing Plus allows the user to move along vertical surfaces as if executing a normal Movement on horizontal ground.

* Climbing Plus allows its user to declare other Short Movement Skills or Short Skills (Move + BS Attack, for example) while moving along or holding onto a vertical surface.

Climbing Plus example

A Reaktion Zond, a Nomad Remote with the Climbing Plus Special Skill, declares the first Short Skill of its Order: Moving from its position to the top of a nearby wall. The Reaktion Zond (MOV 6-4) moves 2 inches horizontally to reach the base of the wall and climbs up his remaining 4 inches towards the top.

Climbing plus is an automatic ability which grants the ability to treat vertical movement as horizontal movement.  When you reach a wall and begin to climb it, you are not beginning and new order or short order.  Rather, you are using your automatic ability to be able to scale the wall as if you were making horizontal movement.  

• Like 1

Climbing plus is an automatic ability which grants the ability to treat vertical movement as horizontal movement.  When you reach a wall and begin to climb it, you are not beginning and new order or short order.  Rather, you are using your automatic ability to be able to scale the wall as if you were making horizontal movement.  

correct.  yea so climbing plus you can actually end your movement on side walls and move partial of your movement added to horizontal movement, move freely as you wish.  crazy little robots!  yea i recently thought a similar thing that you could only use it for a short order but the second indent is what explains that notion.  its further explained i think on the forums quite well.  as long as your base fits in your movement ya can walk anywherez!

• Like 1

mea culpa brotha.  i apologized to RD a week later as he was totally right.  due to that second bullet point i overlooked.  just make sure your base can fit wherever you're going to land on top of a building, skywalk, etc.  thats one thing i think gets overlooked with climbing plus.  nakedpanda and i have discussed the crap out of climbing plus lately haha.  it is a unique rule..