Wulfen Model Conversions - Stretching 5 men to 10!

pretre

Okay, this was a lot of fun, so figured I would show them off.

Some notes:

- Wulfen kit was awesome

- Didn't like the chest interface with the legs so much. It caused some gaps.

- Loved how many extra bits are there. Plenty of extra wulfen heads, arms (I didn't need to use alternate arms, but now I like them, so I left them), Shoulders, weapons, shields, etc.

- Don't like the look of two claw hands so added CCW to at least one hand for each model

- Great for experimenting

First Group:

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe, TH/SS - 180

783328_sm-.jpeg

Pack Leader - Wulfen Legs, SW Chest, Wulfen Backpack, SW Arms converted to hold Frost Claws

CCW Dude - SW Legs, Chest, Backpack, Wulfen Arms. Added rubble for him to jump off to give him more height since all the Wulfen models are stretched out to full height or jumping and that makes them taller.

783330_sm-.jpeg

Axe dude - looks like he may need a gap fill or a knife or something on the right side. Calth legs and Wulfen upper body.

SFAL dude - SW legs, Wulfen upper body. One arm is a SW arm without Shoulder. Had to dig out the shoulder to fit it on the body.

783329_sm-.jpeg

SFAL -  SW Legs, Wulfen Body, SW Left Arm, Wulfen Right

TH/SS - Wulfen Body/Legs, Catachan Left Arm with Shoulder Pad from Wulfen and Shield.

783332_sm-.jpeg

Second Group:

5 Wulfen with SFAL, Axe, PL with FC - 180

783333_sm-.jpeg

TH/SS - Stock Wulfen with SW Backpack

Axe Dude - Stock Wulfen

783335_sm-.jpeg

CCW Dude is SW Body/Legs/Backpack, Wulfen Arms and Head. Added a CCW and decoration on backpack to make him taller.

SFAL Dude is Wulfen Body/Top, SW Arm on the left and Marauder Arm on the Right. Added Shoulder Pads from Wulfen Kit.

783334_sm-.jpeg

CCW Dude is on rubble again (necron metal piece?) with Wulfen Arms, SW Chest/Legs/Backpack.

Axe dude is pretty much stock Wulfen (first model I assembled)

783336_sm-.jpeg

• Like 5

Those are looking good, dude. I'm planning on doing something similar to stretch mine, I'll try to get around to adding pics to this when I do.

Oh, cool.

Don't sweat the arms as much as I did. There seems like there were extras. Other than that, it was a lot of fun. I've been in a modelling funk and hadn't done anything since my last event and this definitely got me back into it. :)

• Like 3

I may go for the more involved approach on a few anyhow. I've got no problem doing some serious chop and fill work.

Yeah, with a little green stuff, you can make it work really well. I had to cut the crotch/butt out of the pairs of legs to fit the torso over the rip basically. It'll be kind of obvious when you see the way the legs go together.

Got my first couple mostly done. Waiting 'til I've got a bunch before I do the greenstuff work to fill in some of the gaps:

DSCN1912_zpsaeqj7i7v.jpgDSCN1913_zpswcuvsec8.jpg

Planning on doing one of each weapon upgrade for each Pack of 5, with a Frag Launcher on either the GreatAxe or Frost Claws. If I give the Frost Claws to a Champ, that brings each Pack in at 200 on the dot, which feels a bit spendy, but we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

First pack is done. Camera seems to be focusing on something in the foreground (cropped out) rather than the dudes for some reason. These were the best pics I got:

DSCN1919_zpsc87890ef.jpg

DSCN1918_zpstwhd2jzn.jpg

Planning on building up 10 more like this, and the trying them a few times, seeing if I need another Storm Shield in each Pack while I've still got some spares.

• Like 2

That's two shots of the same five dudes. I thought I'd got one or two of them better in the top pic, but looking at it now, it looks like they're all better in the bottom pic.

I'm gonna try to bust through 10 more tonight for a Game tomorrow. That may or may not end up actually happening, tho. Mixing them up like this is a lot of extra work.

• Like 1

I came up with an easier way to mix and match, tho it seemed a little counter-intuitive at first. Build the legs and body for a Wulfen, make sure your glue is completely set, and then just chop the whole damn thing in half. They're actually fairly skinny at the waist, so it's not that hard of a cut, and it gives you a way better join with the regular SW parts. Much less trimming stuff away, and then having to fill in the exact same space on the other half. Haven't got arms on 'em yet, but the two I did as a test look fine so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the rest of the box built. There are 6 torsos in there, so I actually got 11 total from the box:

DSCN1920_zpst5v12auz.jpg

DSCN1924_zpsakjrqlkm.jpg

Also, a plastic SW Contemptor, converted from the BaC Dread that Kingpin sold me:

DSCN1926_zpsvjjtt3nc.jpg

The Cyclone is painted because it's one I have magnetized for my WG Termies, and I set it up so it can go on here, too. I also have a trophy rack from Murderfang that I can put on the top if I'm not using the Cyclone.

• Like 3