2,000 Points of Khorne

Edosaurus Rex

So if I learned one thing from this year's OFCC, it's that Space Marines are bloody boring to play! There just isn't enough assaulting. So back to Khorne I go! I've been wanting to try out more of a MSU approach to a KDK list for a while now, but any time I play them I just can't help but bring my Lord of Skulls which eats up half the points in my list so I am limited as to what else I can bring. The following list lets me bring out models that have been collecting dust for some time, as well as give me a good reason to convert a Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut. This isn't meant to be a super competitive list (obviously, I'm taking Possessed) but since I have yet to test out a list like this I wanted to get some feedback and see if I am just going to get molested in the butt if I put this on the table for a pick-up game. Here goes:

Blood Host Detachment

Gives me +1 Blood Tithe point every turn

Slaughtercult

Units in this formation can benefit from a free Blood Tithe ability any time I spend Blood Tithe points.

Chaos Lord- 183

-Juggernaut of Khorne, Kor'lath, the Axe of Ruin, combi-bolter (I had 3 points to spend)

8 Bloodletters- 80

8 Bloodletters- 80

8 Bloodletters- 80

8 Bloodletters- 80

8 Cultists- 58

8 Cultists- 58

8 Possessed- 240

Brazen Onslaught

If a unit in this formation is outnumbered in combat, it gets +1 Attack for that phase (check every turn).

3 Chaos Terminators- 131

-3 combi-meltas, chainfist, power axe, power maul

3 Bloodcrushers-135

3 Bloodcrushers- 135

Gorepack

Flesh Hounds in this formation gain the Hammer of Wrath rule, and Bikes gain the Shred rule when resolving their Hammer of Wrath attacks.

8 Flesh Hounds- 128

3 Chaos Bikers- 101

-2 meltaguns, Champion has meltabombs

3 Chaos Bikers- 101

-2 meltaguns, Champion has meltabombs

War Engine

Soul Grinder- 135

Lord of Slaughter

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage- 275

Total: 2,000

Well, There you have it. The Chaos Lord will ride with the Flesh Hounds and hopefully eat a unit or three before gloriously dying and becoming a Bloodthirster. The bikes and Bloodthirster are on vehicle duty, but the Bloodthirster can divert to other targets depending on where i need the D. the Soul Grinder is there for a teensy bit of anti-air as well as a rear assault threat in case someone deep strikes into my deployment zone. The Terminators will deep strike and pop a vehicle in the butt before either dying or popping other vehicles in the butt with a chainfist. I will likely deep strike the Bloodletters, but that will depend on the mission (they are great for dropping down in later turns to grab objectives). Hopefully the Possessed will make it into combat; I think my opponent will have enough faster threats to shoot at before bothering with them. The Cultists are backfield objective grabbers (it's okay if they flee off the board, that just means more Blood Tithe points).

Anyway, let me know what you think!

• Like 1

I focus more on Flesh Hounds and Mauler-Fiends, but this is in the same general conceptual space as the KDK list I took this year, and I had a lot of fun with that, despite my Kytan being total fail in multiple Games.

I considered running more Flesh Hounds, but I've had a bunch of Bloodcrushers collecting dust for a while so I've been itching to see how they perform. If they are terrible then I will probably just swap them out for more hounds instead (especially since I can get 8 Hounds for the points cost of 3 Bloodcrushers).

I think the list looks solid. I don't think it's top-tier competitive but it can definitely hold its own on tournament tables. Plus it looks fun to play!

That's the exact level ofor list I was going for! I'm looking forward to testing it against you this weekend, hopefully it is as fun to play as I think it is while also being a good list.

I considered running more Flesh Hounds, but I've had a bunch of Bloodcrushers collecting dust for a while so I've been itching to see how they perform. If they are terrible then I will probably just swap them out for more hounds instead (especially since I can get 8 Hounds for the points cost of 3 Bloodcrushers).

That's the exact level ofor list I was going for! I'm looking forward to testing it against you this weekend, hopefully it is as fun to play as I think it is while also being a good list.

Dang I forgot to close my bbcode tags... fixed

I think you're list will be pretty fun to play and solid on the tabletop. I think you'll have problems against massed AV12 (like my list) but we'll see lol.

It's definitely at a good point for OFCC. Honestly, for me, the equation is mostly determined by the fact that I have almost 60 Flesh Hounds, and only 6 BloodCrushers, and none of the BloodCrushers are even completely built yet.

• Like 1