Endless Highways: Blood, Gas and Steel

Sherbert

Hey everyone, since this summer has been a bit of a bust for campaigns I figured I would jump start it a little and hold a mini Endless Highways campaign to test out my new rules and campaign stuff. This will only go for 4 weeks so just 4 games and Im only looking for 3 other people. Loren called dibs on a spot so I am looking for 2 more people who can commit to 4 consecutive weeks of a campaign. Models are not a problem as I have a billion painted cars. I will send the participants the rules so you all will have a chance to make a warband and have an idea of how the game mechanics work. 

We will begin on Tuesday the 6th of September. So not this Tuesday but the following Tuesday.

Dont worry if you dont get in this campaign, I will hold a larger grander one in the future. This one will be more for balance and rules issues.

thanks guys.

• Like 2

I'm kind of in the same boat where I would like to play, but also want to keep my nights open for all of the new 9th Age blood we have flowing in. Is there any chance we could do this as a 4 week campaign spread over 4 months with one game a month? I could commit to that.

Ditto! Or, some nights I imagine it would be possible to get a couple of games in, especially once we get the hang of it.

Ok, looks like we got Loren, Christian and Jake for a campaign. Christian and Jake, you guys need to message me your email so i can send you the rules. 

We will start next Tuesday the 6th. Please read through the rules and create a 200pt warband that does not have any weapon or engine upgrades, everything else is available. In the rules there are vehicle stencils that you can use to create vehicles, I believe they are on the last page. It should take a little while to build your warband but afterwards it will not take much effort to upkeep the warband throughout the campaign.

Let me know if you have any questions, unfortunately I will be camping from Friday to Monday so i will not be able to answer any rules questions but please post them in this thread so that others can see and attempt to answer them.

Hey Sherbert, unfortunately I found out today that I will be working afield in Idaho next Tuesday and Wednesday. I was predicating my availability upon my usual schedule which has Tuesday evenings free, but should have checked in before committing.

I should think there must be at least one more willing and able gamer out there, but if not, perhaps someone who just wants to put one session in can do so next week and I can pick the warband up from there after confirming my schedule.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ok, So Jim is a go for the campaign. Thanks for letting me know you couldnt make it Scipiano, we will make sure to get you in the next campaign.

We will start next tuesday at 6:00. Christian cant make it till 7:00 ish so Loren and Jim will play each other and I will hold your guys hand through the basic rules until Christian shows up.

hey guys, so some stuff for next week. 

Please bring any d4s, d6s and d10s for yourselfs. I will try and track down another arc of visibility template. 

Christian asked if you could scrap vehicles and gear, I thought I put it in the rules but it never seemed to make it in. You can sell a vehicle or gear for half of its cost rounding down. If you wanted to sell a vehicle, you could keep the wheels and engine and only sell the chassis.

You may move gear around the vehicles between missions.

Remember you must have a leader so buy character for your warband. 

Dont forget to calculate your new warband rating after you buy new equipment. The rules for calculating your warband rating is on page 28. Just round it to the nearest number, so 5.2 would be 5 while 6.6 would be a 7. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Jim and Christian will play each other next week and Loren and I will play. Jim, Christian doesnt show up till 7ish so you can either come at 7 or come early to watch Loren and me play so you can see a little more of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thanks to Loren, Christian and Jim for helping play test Endless Highways. I got a lot of good feed back and having seen some of the rules in action, I will make some changes. 

Once i have made those changes I was thinking of having an on going play test for several months. With the new warband design, warbands are given a ranking number. With this number, players can know how they will match up with other players and will get perks if they have a lower number. This will not be a campaign, just games here and there using the same warband. Please let me know if you are interested in participating. I will post a link to the new rules and campaign rules in a couple of weeks for those who are interested.

thanks

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.