The Future of Mordheim at Dark Tower

Koyote

Now that Joey's mini campaign is coming to a close, I'd like to gauge the interest in continuing the adventure in the benighted city.  Joey's original plan was to use the mini-campaign to kick off some form of league play, but our diminishing numbers make me wonder if this will happen. 

I know that some people have expressed interest in Blood Bowl, Sherbert wants to start up another Vroom-Vroom campaign, and others just want to play something different. Personally, I'd like to play some Frostgrave and SAGA.

I suppose we have a number of options.  Those who are interested could continue playing Mordheim pick-up games here and there.  We could make one Tuesday a month Mordheim night.  Or we can take a break and pick up the campaign where we left off a few months down the road.  I'd be willing to run a campaign this Spring for the veteran warbands from Joey's campaign. 

If there's interest in a Spring Mordheim veterans' campaign, I'd like to cap the warbands that will participate in the Spring to 12 games.  This way most of the warbands will start off at roughly the same experience level.  Warbands wouldn't be required to have 12 games under their belt(s) to participate, it'd just be a suggestion.  One could start a brand new warband for the Spring and rack up the Underdog points.

If a player's warband has not played 12 games and wants to start the Spring campaign , that player could use the next few months to work towards his warband's 12 game cap. 

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I guess it depends on the bloodbowl league, since its starting in March it will probably go into April. I was also thinking of doing the endless highways campaign in spring after the bloodbowl league had ended.

I think if I was going to play another mordheim campaign id rather start all over. veteran warbands just get to such a ridicules level that it can be very hard for others to catch up. 

I would like to continue to play open games of mordheim Saga and maybe the occasional 9th age games. Im also open to playing in a little mini campaign for that game Joey has been going on about, "this is not a test".

I like the idea of random pick up games with our current rosters. That was kind of my plan with this campaign. However, I am also down with the idea of another campaign with either leveled and established warband or brand new ones in the future. I want to keep my current band going because this is the most confident I've ever felt with my Ostlanders despite realizing that aside from 2 or 3 special skills and double barreled weaponry that they kind of suck compared to other humans.

I'm really down for whatever. As of this last battle I have an ogre again and finally I got a 6th hero. I'll probably play a game or 2 here and there to keep it going.

• Like 2

I'm interested in pick up games in the future with my dwarves, but if we do a league or campaign again, I'd prefer to start over with new warbands. At a certain point, you're just waiting or heroes to die so you can hire new ones and begin levelling them again.

Speaking of alternate warbands, I'm looking to gather bits for my pitfighters warband. If anyone has any marauder bits or similar, let's work something out.

I would definitely be down for more Mordheim, be it campaigns or pick up games. I feel bad missing the last five weeks of the campaign being busy with school or sick (or sick of school?  :dry: ) My 9th age army had a hiccup getting here, but a pirate warband is also on its way! I'm honestly up for whatever, i'm just grateful we're keeping Warhammer alive. If campaigns or extended sessions are too hard to keep going or to organize, perhaps just someone on the forum advertises they'll be down to play several games on whatever Tuesday, and whoever wants/wishes to make it'll be there.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.