State of 40k

fluger

It would be pretty much impossible to do properly, but it really would be interesting to see a proper survey of the whole 40K hobby. "People who are into 40K enough to look for 40K stuff online" is already a pretty significant bias, and then there's the further issue of what they're spread across various social media was.

That said, this does fit pretty well with what I'd expect from what I see of the 40K Fora and Blogosphere, so looks pretty good that far at least.

• Like 1

I think these numbers also represent a smaller more concentrated player base than they would have years ago. I seem to find people either who are done with 40K and GW because they were unhappy with the game and the company or people who still play being generally enthusiastic and happy with the current game. I think the borderline malcontents have moved on to other games. 

• Like 3

Its not bad statistics since they say they are not accounting for people owning multiple space marine armies.

In fact what it does show us is that for every 100 players that enter the market that somehow there will end up being 101 space marine armies entering the game in addition to the other armies that might be coming in. This basically reinforces the fact that overtime people will pick up another army or two.

I would like to also see what break down of those space marine players have 30k armies, it is quite hard to play 30k without having a legion.

• Like 1

Would be nice if they had a breakdown by chapter.

Would also be nice if they conclusively defined army. If just 1500pts is required for an army, then my "army" includes multiple armies...