pretre's Deathwatch for OFCC 2017 thread

pretre

There isn't really anything to pin it into, the wing is so thin. It is surprisingly sturdy, but really obnoxious to transport. Good thing Pretre has a Tablewar case.

Oh man. I'm gonna need to hit the hardware store and get new washers and such. I haven't done 32mm yet for magnetization. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so progress report. The whole army is basically assembled and primed. Watch Captain is 90% painted.

Remaining to do:

- Get the LRC bits. I think I'm just going to order a sprue when I get my Prospero.

- One more termy shoulder pad. I think Splinx had me covered and I need to meet up with him.

- Pick up some washers that fit 32MM bases so I can magnetize everyone

- Make some sort of model for the Dominus Aegis to go with the Libby

Okay, so progress report. The whole army is basically assembled and primed. Watch Captain is 90% painted.

Remaining to do:

- Get the LRC bits. I think I'm just going to order a sprue when I get my Prospero.

- One more termy shoulder pad. I think Splinx had me covered and I need to meet up with him.

- Pick up some washers that fit 32MM bases so I can magnetize everyone

- Make some sort of model for the Dominus Aegis to go with the Libby

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got my last bits and am assembling now. Man, the plastic crusader bits are so much better than the old fiddly hybrid bits.

I know, right? I've built one of each, and the plastic version is miles better. The hybrid one was an absolute nightmare to build.

Gotta figure out what I want to do for the Dominos now.

I really want to paint a Dominus up in red and blue, with white dots. Been wanting to ever since I first saw that typo, back when Cult Mechanicus was first released ;)

• 3 months later...

Current list with changes for modelling:

-=BSSF=-

Watch Commander - Chaplain with Beacon - 125

Watch Company - Artemis - 145

Aquila (Anti-Everything) - 5 Vets with Bolter/CCW, 4 Frag Cannons, Librarian with ML2 - 305

Furor (Anti-Troop) - 5 Vets with Infernus/CCW x2, Bolter/Shotgun x2, Watch Sgt with Combi-Plasma/CCW, Term with HF/PF - 210

Dominatus (Anti-Elite) - 5 Vets with Watch Sgt with Xeno/CCW, Shotgun/SS x3, CCW/Bolter.  3 Vanguard with CCW/SS, LCx2, HTH - 290

Malleus (Anti-Heavy) - 5 Vets with Meltagun/Bolter, Meltagun/CCW, Shotgun/SS, Black Shield with HTH, Watch Sgt with Combi-Melta/CCW, Term with SB/PF with Melta, Term with TH/SS - 295

Armour - LRC - 250

Strategium Command Team

Librarian with ML2, Bolter, Dominus - 115

Purgatus (Anti-HQ) - 5 Vets with Stalker/Bolter x3, Frag Cannon/CCW x2, Terminator with SB/PF/Cyclone, Biker with DTH - 265

So the above is illegal because Purgatus requires a Libby and Strategium requires a libby. So I changed the Strategium to just a Purgatus.

-=BSSF=-

Watch Commander - Chaplain with Beacon - 125

Watch Company -

Artemis - 145

Aquila (Anti-Everything) - 5 Vets with Bolter/CCW, 4 Frag Cannons, Librarian with ML2 - 305

Furor (Anti-Troop) - 5 Vets with Infernus/CCW x2, CCW/Shotgun x2, Watch Sgt with Combi-Plasma/CCW, Term with HF/PF - 210

Dominatus (Anti-Elite) - 5 Vets with Watch Sgt with Xeno/CCW, Shotgun/SS x3, CCW/Bolter.  3 Vanguard with CCW/SS, LCx2, HTH - 290

Malleus (Anti-Heavy) - 5 Vets with Meltagun/Bolter, Meltagun/CCW, Shotgun/SS, Black Shield with HTH, Watch Sgt with Combi-Melta/CCW, Term with SB/PF with Melta, Term with TH/SS - 295

Armour - LRC - 250

Purgatus (Anti-HQ) - 5 Vets with Stalker/Bolter x3, Frag Cannon/CCW x2, Terminator with SB/PF/Cyclone, Biker with DTH, Librarian with ML2, Bolter, Dominus - 380

Gotta say,that looks like alot of fun to play with:)

That is the hope! ;)

Strategy is to put the Purgatus on the table for shooting.  Dominatus and the Chaplain with Beacon go in the Land Raider. Everything else deep strikes on turn 2 with no scatter (off beacon or the Biker in the Purgatus).

My current estimate is that I will win maybe 1 or 2 games, if I'm lucky. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...