Opinions sought

Lord Hanaur

Ambassadorial Tournament Slots  

37 members have voted

1. 1. The Codex you would most like to use to fill the remaining slots for the Elvensword Ambassadorial Tournament?

• Militarum Tempestus
    • Dark Angels
    • Deathwatch
    • Harlequins
    • Inquisition

Obviously someone needs to show up running a list comprised solely from OfficAss.  Well, two someones, considering the nature of the event.

That's actually what I'm planning on taking to this OFCC, but it doesn't work at 2K with a 3 Detachment limit, like Elvensword has traditionally had. My version of it actually needs 8 Detachments, so it's kind of unlikely in any format with Detachment limits.

• Like 2

That's actually what I'm planning on taking to this OFCC, but it doesn't work at 2K with a 3 Detachment limit, like Elvensword has traditionally had. My version of it actually needs 8 Detachments, so it's kind of unlikely in any format with Detachment limits.

OFCC is the perfect place for that. So easy to transport too.

• Like 1

Honestly, I feel Astartes should only be represented once.  The registered player choosing which Astartes codex is the one they are playing.

I'd go a step further and put all the Space Marine armies as one faction, so I'd add Deathwatch, GK and CSM into the same group as all the Astartes factions.

MT should fall under the IG bracket.  I'd go one step further and call it Forces of the Imperium, and have it be IG, MT, OA, Inq as options for that Ambassador.  For the Tyranid Ambassador, I'd say Bugs or GSC would be legit.

Astartes would cover SM, DA, BA, SW, DW, GK.  Forces of Chaos would CSM, KDK, CD.  Forces of Mars would be IK and the rest of the AdMech.

Of course, this includes supplements.

MT should fall under the IG bracket.  I'd go one step further and call it Forces of the Imperium, and have it be IG, MT, OA, Inq as options for that Ambassador.  For the Tyranid Ambassador, I'd say Bugs or GSC would be legit.

Astartes would cover SM, DA, BA, SW, DW, GK.  Forces of Chaos would CSM, KDK, CD.  Forces of Mars would be IK and the rest of the AdMech.

Of course, this includes supplements.

I mean, if we're going this far, why not lump CSM and SoB in with all of the Astartes? Power armor is power armor.

I mean, if we're going this far, why not lump CSM and SoB in with all of the Astartes? Power armor is power armor.

I, much like GW, forgot about SoB.  I'd throw them in with Forces of the Imperium.  Continuing with the theme of Ambassadors within the fluff is why I wouldn't group CSM with with rest of the Astartes, otherwise, wouldn't we be putting KDK there, as well?

I would also consider CAD + Allied Detachment as being permissible within each of the "8 Factions"