Which HoR Kill Team should I do next?

Murphy'sLawyer

This most likely won't happen till Tax Return time but I am thinking ahead.

So I have a DA team, an IG team and enough to build an elite Death Watch or SM team.

But no Xenos. My thoughts are a Dark Eldar team, an Orc team or Chaos SM. Now I know in regular 40k these armies don't look good but lets look at it from a Kill Team angle.

Dark Eldar are quick stealthy and they have several Jump infantry and jet bike options. And the Reavers have Skilled Rider so the heavy terrain is not going to effect them much. Their armor is crap for the most part but cover saves and jinks are going to everywhere. Terrain is going to have to be used to its fullest. My number one choice so far.

Orcs are cheap. Orcs have a huge selection to choose from. Gretchens act as meat shields to Everything behind them! And finally Kommandos and Deffkoptas can be fielded and do some damage. Stormboyz..... nuff said.

Chaos is my last choice though in Kill Team they can do more than hold their own. They really have brought their power level on par with the other Codexes this time.It really is the DV box models and Warp Talons that do it for me. Also I would make the Leader a DA Fallen that has allied with the renegades.

Anyone who has read the HoR Kill Team rules have any thoughts?

I think the dark elder would be good in kill team. Better then my craftworld elder. Most of the core troops have 12 inch range. I do like your DA fallen ideas and chaos seems fun. I am thinking of putting together a non xenos army. I have always liked  the sisters of battle and inquisition. Both the figures and fluff. They are expensive but buying 25 to 30 figures seems a lot more doable than buying a whole army. Necrons seem interesting as well.

So I read through the SM list choices and Why oh Why does Raven Guard have to be so juicy?

Serriously check it out. A full list with of Jump Infantry with Vanguard lighting claws and an Apothecary in a jump pack. Expensive team but one that is fast and packs a serrious punch.

And for those that don't know Apothecaries and the likes are very very good in Kill Team. 6" Bubble of FNP.

Having a difficult time here. I picked up a box of Veteran Vanguards and find myself conflicked. Do I make them DA like the rest of my SMs or venture into my second favorite chapter, Raven Guard?

Obviously I can just not paint the models till I decided but not owning the SM codex would I be cheese balling it by going with them instead of sticking to my original army or what? Any Raven Guard players out there?

I'velways wanted to do a Dark Eldar Theatre of Pain army.

Haemonculi as HQ, Wrack Troops, Grotesque Elites, Pain Engines heavies

It would be TERRIBLE competitive wise.

Well in Kill Team the Feel No Pain is great but their speed and 6+AS is a liability. You would have to use terrain and the 'hide' rule to get them into battle. Hide is a CC monsters freind.

It would be doable as long as the board has the proper amount of terrain. Though I would advise bringing some Reavers.

And that makes me think of an interesting question for everyone. Is there a second army you always wanted to try but couldn't afford it?

Playing SpecOps KillZone (Another Kill Team game) is what got me my first Orks and Blood Angles.  I have well over 2K of both now... :)

Not sure what's next.  New Nids?  Genestealers were merciless in other Kill Team games.