Necromunda bulkheads for Ordo

scottshoemaker

The more I think about, to avoid any entanglements I could make up a set of facades at a standard size. These could then be glued to card or sheet styrene then painted. This could be for corridor walls, and for external walls on buildings, something I've been asked to look into.

I'm willing to make the masters and molds, if I could get help with supplies and blank walls and building shells.

Scott, I love your ideas!  I hope to contribute in some way to the club table. Please keep us posted as this develops and speak on on how we can best help!

This is kind of what I picture when you say facade:

The piece in my hand is the same that is glued to a small rectangle of dry-erase board in the background.  IMG_5626.JPGv

Dry-erase board is a light, strong material that you can get pretty cheap at home depot, and is just what you've got in conference rooms.  

Doors anyone?

https://plus.google.com/photos/104950319911536720232/albums/5670599525597022417?authkey=COjl-MGo06nkSA 

These are older pics, but still relevant.  

Modular terrain WIP:  https://plus.google.com/photos/104950319911536720232/albums/5693142204192500849?authkey=CJTw-Nyr6suqGA

IMG_5745.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/104950319911536720232/2010101540KKillTeamBoardWIP?authuser=0&feat=directlink

• Like 1

Building the rooms in a way that allows for both external and internal detail is something that I wish I had done.  I ended up wanting the rooms to be able to fit together to create a spacestation of tight corridors or as a series of stand alone buildings with distinct exteriors.  .  

I might have the individual dimensions incorrect, but the idea of leaving a base lip around the building that is a thick as any of the facades will let the buildings fit closely together.

Room+with+space+for+external+facade.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the sugestion Pretre, I think you mean this?  http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/deadzone-scenery-upgrade-pack.html

Which looks cool, and is on preorder.  There are alot of lasercut options out there.  I bought some lasercut road tiles not too long ago that were one of my favorite hobby investments yet.  

(EDIT: This is not the price from the Kickstarter, so I may not have made a proper comaprison)

24.99 British Pound Sterling equals
41.01 US Dollar
Which isn't exactly dirt,  but I will spend more than this every time I dive into any of these terrain projects.  It's rarely ends up being about saving money.... although I like that too!
Also this, while cool, and very necromunda-y 
3185.1.600.600.FFFFFF.0.jpeg
Is not not equal to :
0-00.JPG

Which I did not make, and am completely inspired by,  

• Like 1

I was going to say your pieces are actually better than the one pictured here. Just my opinion though.

As for the mantic pieces I have some already and they are not bad but still is going to need more modeling bits to hold together right. And you will need several sets to even get enough terrain to do a kill team board.

Back on to the main topic, do you have pics of your ideas shoe man? I also have the Mantic pieces if you need ideas for templates for this project.

(What can I say, I got the Kill Team big in me.)

Thanks for the sugestion Pretre, I think you mean this?  http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/pre-order/deadzone/product/deadzone-scenery-upgrade-pack.html

Which looks cool, and is on preorder.  There are alot of lasercut options out there.  I bought some lasercut road tiles not too long ago that were one of my favorite hobby investments yet.  

(EDIT: This is not the price from the Kickstarter, so I may not have made a proper comaprison)

24.99 British Pound Sterling equals
41.01 US Dollar
Which isn't exactly dirt,  but I will spend more than this every time I dive into any of these terrain projects.  It's rarely ends up being about saving money.... although I like that too!
Also this, while cool, and very necromunda-y 

Yes, that is it. Also keep in mind that that is one setup and that is not the kickstarter price. If the club wanted the kickstarter price, the second survey is coming up and I would be more than glad to let them jump in on mine.

Kickstarter prices look more like this:

ec7b74ee30e8108ae8f65606242735b0_large.j

abd035bf1c5ad71a62bfe6b1917130ef_large.j

Also, these are fully modular so that you can set them up anyway you want. The ones in the pictures are just examples. If you are crazy, you can even not glue them and reassemble them whenever you want.

Example setups:

mantic-terrain-1.jpg

561716_md-Boardgame,%20Deadzone,%20Manti

6x4-with-deadzone-terrain.jpg

4-Battlezones.jpg

Just saying... :)

They are all plastic (I have a ton from the first survey if anyone wants to check them out). The modular bit can be challenging until you get used to it but you can also just glue them together if you don't feel like doing the modular thing.

Second survey is this month with delivery in Q2 2014.

From my standpoint, I'm getting more of it in the second survey just for my home gaming group (Fortification and Landing pad battlezones).

I will try to get a pic of what I made too, if that helps.

That $185 level looks about the right amount of terrain for a 40k game (since you wouldn't want SO much dense terrain).  Combine it with the $90 (IIRC) urban combat mat from Frontline and paint on the terrain and you have a REALLY nice looking board for less than $300.  That's really cool.