Handgun Safety class reminder - March 22nd

dalmer

So I've been practicing aiming a lot to make keeping both eyes open and focusing on the front sight more natural. I'm right handed, and generally right eye dominant, but i've been having a weird issue, and I was curious if anyone else has experienced it. As I focus on the sight, my vision blurs for a fraction of a second and then all of a sudden my left eye is dominant. I can switch it back if I concentrate on it, but it's kinda frustrating to have the sights go from lined up well to wildly out of alignment without changing the angle of the gun at all.

Is this a common issue? Any ideas on how to correct it?

So I've been practicing aiming a lot to make keeping both eyes open and focusing on the front sight more natural. I'm right handed, and generally right eye dominant, but i've been having a weird issue, and I was curious if anyone else has experienced it. As I focus on the sight, my vision blurs for a fraction of a second and then all of a sudden my left eye is dominant. I can switch it back if I concentrate on it, but it's kinda frustrating to have the sights go from lined up well to wildly out of alignment without changing the angle of the gun at all.

Is this a common issue? Any ideas on how to correct it?

Have you tried shooting left handed to see if the left eye dominance actually helps?

Hello there,

Not uncommon.  Easiest way I've found for folks I've trained is to not focus too greatly.  Sounds weird, but like we said in class... relax.  Just understand that you won't be able to focus on multiple planes/depths at once so just kinda work through it.

The dominance is wonky because you're getting used to not focusing as hard, if that makes sense.  Keep training it a bunch and it'll seem natural in no time.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

resurrection thread

back from the dead 

Tenaya and I are planning on heading out to the Plantation Range in May, (April is pretty booked).  We'll be renting and shooting pistols.  I'm tossing this up on the board to see if anyone would like to join us.  We don't have a date in May locked down yet either.

Hello there,

Holler if you want any assistance from me.

Conversely, if you ever want to just train with a Glock .40, I can get targets and ammunition and we can shoot at my house in Blaine.  I'm in the county "ok to shoot zone" so no worries there.  Plus, it's free.

Here to help so holler.

Stay safe,

don

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.