Handgun Safety class reminder - March 22nd

dalmer

Hello there,

Just tossing out a reminder post that the handgun safety class that y'all requested will be held on Saturday, March 22nd.

I will finalize the time but unless there is huge opposition let's plan on noon at the Bellingham Police Department's training room, which is accessed off of C Street.  I'll keep the gate open with a "police training" sign.

No equipment needed.  Kids, spouses, significant others, whatever are welcome.  If you have questions, comments or concerns please look on the Bellingham Warhamsters forums for the thread titled "firearm safety classes offered" from a while back.

Stay safe,

don

P.S.  If everyone for some reason is gonna bail, please let me know so I don't have to get all the gear squared away, the location, etc. etc.

• Like 2

Hello there,

The details have been confirmed:

NOON on Saturday, March 22nd at the Bellingham Police Department's training room.

Plenty of parking on the back side of the police department (505 Grand Avenue), which will be C Street.  There is a man gate and I'll have it propped open.  Go through the gate and take a hard right... you'll see the double glass doors of the training building.

I will do my best to leave a trail of crumbs to help.

Stay safe,

don

Hello there,

Depending on the size of the group and everyone's understanding of the information provided, I don't see why we couldn't get through it in two or three hours.

But then again, if folks are "hey, this is easy to understand!" then it could be quicker.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 3

Just realized I don't really know where I'm going other than off of C street. Not that C street is all that long of a stretch...

Regardless, could we get a specific address? I just don't want to be the guy that thought he knew where he was going but showed up 20 mins late because he was afraid to double check.

Don, I can't thank you enough - that was really, really great. I'm disappointed my daughter couldn't make it (and from what she said about her choir festival, she's disappointed she couldn't make it, as well).

I really appreciated the practical nature of the training. I feel like I've shot a fair bit in my life (my in-laws are all gun folk*, and we shoot during most family gatherings), but always under the eye of someone else who knew what they were doing. However, while I've always been able to make a gun go "bang", your info was exactly what I needed to feel confident and safe about exploring things more on my own. Your presentation style is polished, practical, and engaging - spot on for what I was hoping to get out of this. I know classes like these are above-and-beyond what is expected of you, and that it takes time out of your weekend away from your family; however, it is very much appreciated. Thanks, and thanks again!

Gentlemen, should we start chatting about a club trip to Plantation Range? I reckon we could do it individually, but doing it as a group can often make stuff like that easier - remove barriers, reduce anxieties, and the like. Plus, shooting is fun.

In case is anyone would lose sleep otherwise -  my finger has healed. No sign of a boo-boo anymore. Note to self: when using an overhand c-grip to rack the slide, keep your pinkie out of the ejection port. 

-Jim

* Speaking of which, Don, if your SWAT snipers are in the market for a new weapon, one of my brothers-in-law, Kevin Collins has a new rifle designed for Alexander Arms out on the market: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/08/22/first-look-alexander-arms-ulfberht-338-lapua-magnum/ ). I know squat-all about what makes for a good sniper rifle, but I like Kevin, so I'd be remiss not to plug it.

• Like 1

Yes, thank you very much! That was exactly what Staz and I were looking for!

On the way home I realized why I kept wanting to cock the gun after every shot. I have an airsoft pistol at home that requires exactly that. It's a mock barretta (with clear plastic) but it has the magazine release, the slide, and all the rest of the basics we were using today. Lots of years of terrorizing  sibblings, roommates, and keeping goddamn racoons off my lawn(!) have reinforced some very unnecessary muscle memory.

Hello there,

Thanks for the kind words, folks and I'm really glad that you all liked the class.

Be happy to do a follow-up class or a "phase 2" or whatever the group needs.

Here for the team if anyone needs anything, especially when it comes to educating / safety / tactics / etc.

Stay safe,

don

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.