New Marines Incoming?

pretre

From Hastings on Atia's Blog:

PENDING 40k Rumors - Mar 2017

I wouldn't be expecting too much in the way of releases for existing chapters from this point going forwards, not that there won't be 'some', expect the focus to shift onto GW pumping out RGs new armies and weapons of destruction for the upcoming storylines/advances/crusade mk2 ;) (who knows there might even be a new starter box on the not too far horizon ;) )

Without trying to sound like a dick I've known for almost 9 months where this story was going and who revived RG etc. if the rest of what I was told is true (new marines, Mortarion and his plague armies etc.) then there are truly some very exciting times coming for 40k players/hobbyists!

New marines as in Imperial or Chaos?

Imperial

*EDIT, there will of course be new Chaos Marines models, but I am referring to a totally new kind of Marine, those created on Mars by Cawl & RG along with the other new machineries of war.

See one of my original posts here....

I can well imagine some kind of Mk9 marine bred from custodes or grey knight genestock with some new goodness. Perhaps they'll even be true scale! Then we'll all have to buy all our marines all over again.

New marines will make old marines seem like empire now seem to sigmarines ...... if that makes sense? :)

SO Mark 9 power armour?

Not only the armour will change ;)

• Like 3

So is the idea to make all the current models worthless? Or is it just another option for marines? Or is it just another game entirely? I think it would be a real mistake to expect marine players to replace all their infantry (plus all the vehicles would be the wrong size).

27 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

So is the idea to make all the current models worthless? Or is it just another option for marines? Or is it just another game entirely? I think it would be a real mistake to expect marine players to replace all their infantry (plus all the vehicles would be the wrong size).

Just another army...of more "elite" marines I guess..

As per Hastings comments-- "New marines will make old marines seem like empire now seem to sigmarines ...... if that makes sense? :) "

People still play Empire in AoS,,they actually are pretty good with gunlines and the new Ironweld arsenal:)

4 hours ago, andozane said:

Personally, I can't wait to see what Mars will churn out....sincd with Cawl back...he maybe wrote a couple of the STC's that have long been forgotten :)

Kinda wonder if GW will ditch the STCs. They are one of many things that is preventing the imperium from moving forward.