Astra Militarum

Fix

They are not. The Manticore still only has one weapon, named "Storm Eagle Rockets," but the weapon has a special clause that says for purposes of determining Weapon Destroyed results it counts as multiple weapons. It does not say anything about actually being four separate weapons.

If it were multiple separate weapons- such as, for example, the Hellstrike Missiles on a Valkyrie- its unit entry would say "Four Storm Eagle Rockets" in the unit entry and the Storm Eagle would be listed as a one-shot weapon. However, neither of these is the case.

• Like 1

RAW the order does absolutely nothing because there is no Precision Shots special rule- it's not listed under the Special Rules section at all, but rather is part of the character rules.

RAI I think you can make an argument for it affecting all shots, but that interpretation is amazingly broken- no one wants to see three Lascannons and 40+ Lasgun shots all getting Precision hits. I think the far more reasonable interpretation is that it allows them to make Precision Shots.

It's just like the old argument about the Death Ray's wording- both versions are valid parsings of the words as they are printed, but one of them is vastly more powerful than the other and extremely unbalancing to the game, so I think it's better to avoid that version.

Anyone want to weigh in on the Precision Shots controversy? My reading is that ALL shots from the ordered unit are precision shot. Some people say only on hit rolls of a 6 count as if they were characters, which is not RAW.

...eh...  thats an actual controversy? Wow.  But it's so obvious...  How could...  Sigh.

That's not what precision shot says though.  Rolling a six to hit IS a precision shot, meaning you can put it on what you want.  As was stated there is no USR for precision shot, but it is clearly defined in the character section of the book.  

I agree that RAI was that it should be every roll to hit should be precision shots, but that is not RAW.  

I'm not a fiend for RAW, however there are many current examples of OP abilities that are perfectly legal.

If the consensus is that it's only for every 6, I am happy to abide by that. Conscripts with Prescience or even Preferred Enemy will get enough 6's to add up.

Incidentally all snapfire shots hitting on 6's from characters and the ordered guard will also be precision shots, just in case you run into a rare flyer squadron.