Sunday, August 20th

Raindog

Eh... dead last. Not real happy with the way things went. Scenarios were Rescue, Nimbus Zone, and Engineering Deck. I lost the Rescue because I was derpy and didn't play to the scenario, drew a bye on Nimbus Zone because there were an odd number of players, and Engineering Deck, well...

So bless his heart, Jon Polley was running the show. Now, I think highly of the man, and I don't doubt for a moment that this was a compete mistake. There's no way he was trying to pull some BS "Gotcha!" on us. But he altered Engineering Deck to have the same strip of difficult terrain that the other two scenarios have. No low vis or saturation zones, no exclusion, just difficult terrain. Problem was, he was having trouble getting his event writeups to work right online, so when he finally did get them up, he'd forgotten to mention ahead of time that this was the case. As a result, the list I made for that scenario - which was built around a Bolt link - got pretty seriously nerfed. Coupled with going up against an ALEPH player who just kicked the crap out of me, I didn't do so hot. Had I known in advance about the alteration to the scenario, I probably wouldn't have played NCA. I feel almost like Vanilla PanO might have done better for me. 

Thanks to Eric, Pete and Joel for Sunday! Jeremy and I had a lot of fun. Joel's USARF didn't make it easy for my Corregidor and I heard tales of a certain Amazon biker's skills and an army of Haqqislamites on the drive back. Sorry you couldn't make it CliffsidePDX, but there are more important things than gaming.

We probably won't make it this weekend but we had a good time and are planning on coming out more regularly; I think we're aiming for at least once a month to start. Sunday is kind of an odd day for both of us due to work schedules. Saturday is our regular gaming day so if that ever becomes a thing, we would very much be interested.

However, we are both interested in participating in the Fall league and will be by much more frequently than once a month for that if we do!

• Like 3