Let's try this again! Obscure Reference's League Blog

FKA Obscure Reference

Alright, I'll try this Infinity thing again. Sticking with my Nomads. Last night I built a Moran Hunter to add to my previously built one, and I have a Lunokhod Sputnik to build too. Many Koalas in the future. :yourock:

I also watched what I believe is the video Raindog suggested. 

Armor (armour?) Saves still annoy me. :tongue:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IAlright, week two of this Infinity thingy. I'm going to try something new and post up a rule I learned from the previous week or something I recently looked up in hopes to cement it into memory (as long as the admins don't have any issues with this). 

Rule of the week:

Suppressive fire-

• Enemy troopers apply a -3 MOD to their Attribute on all Face to Face Rolls against a trooper in Suppressive Fire.
  • While in Suppressive Fire, the SF Mode profile replaces the trooper's usual BS Weapon profile. The SF Mode profile is used by all troopers engaged in Suppressive Fire.
  • Suppressive Fire allows the affected trooper to react in ARO with its full Burst (B) value: B3. The full Burst must be used against a single target and cannot be divided between several active enemies (when reacting against a Coordinated Order, for example).
  • The SF Mode profile alters the Range and B values of the weapon being used, but not Damage, which remains unchanged. Similarly, the weapon maintains Type of Ammunition and Traits while in SF Mode.

Canceling Suppressive Fire:

The Suppressive Fire state is automatically cancelled in any of these cases:

This hung me up last week so I spent time this week reading up on it and an answer for it. 

Models:

I built two this week for the league. Ok, they were both two pieces. So sue me.

Here are two Crazy Koalas!

Finally, I won't be able to make it week 3 of the league. I have a couple choirs to do at home which will take a bit. 

Oh, and we got a new puppy!  Fanatics, meet Emmy!

15075033514771237892670.jpg

15075036099971701552060.jpg

• Like 3

BLOG!!!!!hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCPYBEIoBSFryq4

Hey there, this is league blog for week four.  I didn't make it to week three so I don't have a rule I learned from last week, so I'm going to pick one pertaining to one of my favorite troops, the Hellcats.

AIRBORNE DEPLOYMENT LEVEL 5. SUPERIOR COMBAT JUMP

Combatants with this level of Airborne Deployment are exceptionally gifted skydivers who always have a firm control over the jump course and a backup plan in case something goes wrong while in midair.

SUPERIOR COMBAT JUMP ENTIRE ORDER
Optional.
REQUIREMENTS
EFFECTS
  • This Level has the same effects and limitations as the previous one, with one exception: if the trooper fails his PH Roll to deploy and the subsequent Dispersiontakes him out of the play area or into a location where he cannot deploy, then he may deploy in any point of his Deployment Zone spacious enough to fit the Drop ZoneCircular Template.

I also learned that as long as I can stick the template fully on the roof of a building they can jump there. 

Models built this week: Lunokhod Sputnik.  

Not nearly as bad to build as expected, except for its antenna (I mean, ffs, at give me some more material so I can pin the bastard).  I also have what looks like two sets of guns for it but I can only find a place for one of them. :excl:

Anywho, I'll build the other two Kolalas for next week. That will be 6 Koalas!:yourock:

15081018543111547915485.jpg

• Like 3

http://privateerpress.com/content/pinning-expansion-50mm

This is the PP .5 MM bit and wire set I use.  If you are able to make the bits last as long as the wire, my hat's off to you, I usually get halfway through before I break the bits - A tip, extend the lifespan by only drilling the first pin socket with these bits, use a larger for the 2nd socket, so you have a tiny bit of wiggle room in positioning/alignment.

• Like 1

Hooray for Lunokhods! I bring one in almost all the time when I play my Nomads.

Re: the two sets of guns - only one of those sets is added to the model; they provide you with both so you can make either weapon profile. You can get fancy and magnetize them so you can swap them around depending on the profile you take or you could just choose one to represent both profiles. They are extremely similar in appearance and being attached to the undercarriage it's even more unlikely your opponent will be able to tell from appearance which it is anyway.

• Like 2