Sentinels of Terra A Codex: Space Marines Supplement

dalmer

Hello there,

I recently purchased the Sentinels of Terra codex.  Tossing out some information in case folks are interested.  The following information is a bare bones, "here's what you get for your hard-earned dollars."

Please note that there are no play-test comments, as I unfortunately do not get to play 40k at the moment due to work scheduling and life.  And it does bear noting that this entire book is about the 3rd Company of the Imperial Fists.

Pages 4 to 35:  fluff on the 3rd Company of the Imperial Fists

Pages 36 to 47:  pictures of Games Workshop's Imperial Fists models

Pages 49 and 50:  specific rules and wargear for the 3rd Company

Pages 51 to 71:  different missions.  Apocalypse (1), Cities of Death stratagems (7), Planetstrike stratagems (10), Altar of War missions (3), Echoes of War missions (6)

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

I'm curious, for those of you who are fans of the specific forces outlined in the supplements, is the fluff and background worthwhile? I feel like the Imperial Armour stuff is totally worth it if you're interested in the forces, even without the rules. The background and stories are inspirational enough on their own. Do these supplements fall into the same camp? I know there's not much rules, but are the background and fluff worth the price of admission?

Hello there,

I get all the 40k codices because (a) I'm a "completionist," which is the bane of my comic collecting existence and (b) the fluff is really good and interesting for me.

But then again, I have all the Horus Heresy paperback books too and thoroughly enjoy those stories... and have been told by others that they're not "accurate" or "holding to canon" or whatnot.  I guess ignorance is bliss because I really enjoy them.

If anyone in the local gaming scene ever wants to borrow a codex or whatnot, just lemme know.  Not like I get them for the rules for a game I'm not playing as of yet.  ha ha ha

Stay safe,

don

I LOVED the Black legion fluff, HATED the writing (not necessarily the substance) of the Farsight Enclave.  It definitely was a world apart as writing went. 

But those missions are VERY cool in both codex's and people DEFINITELY should consider them a valuable addition to the book.  I really enjoyed the Black Legion ones and really like the looks of the Tau ones though I haven't gotten to play them as much because I didn't realize until recently that you can force a roll off for whether to use the normal missions or the codex supplement ones.

Now that I know that, I like rolling off.  I'd read up on them.  They make for some pretty damn close games so far.  Don't know about THIS codex.