Fluger's Orks

fluger

2 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

For like a tournament?

Well the kulture should say Evil Sunz unless it's a dedicated Bad Moons loota detachment. Being able to squeeze 3" more with rerolls of charges enables so many charges.

So assuming the change to Evil Sunz then your warboss is fine, the boyz squads are fine. Probably should spend the 4cp to deepstrike them though.

Not a fan of the painboy. 6+++ in a 3" bubble? Naw, more grotz and boyz.

Stormboyz should probably be 30 man.  With a decent advance roll you can make the turn one charge.

Mek Gunz, Weirdboy, Kff are all fine.

Drop the koptas, make the boyz 30 man. This way you have a jump target.

Killa Kanz should just be more kommandos. Take the first squad to 15 and have two more ten man exactly  how you have them set up.

So with a bit of luck you have 30 stormboyz, 30 boyz charging turn 1. Turn 2 you have 90 boyz, 45 kommandos charging. 

Also the rokkits on the boyz squad should just be another mek gun. Auto hitting vrs needing 5's?

Evil Sunz has a neat trait, but they lack for gubbinz and strats.  The outflank strat is really good as is being able to recharge.  Frankly, I only failed a few charges where an extra inch would've mattered.

Some of these things are limited by models.  I only own 20 stormboyz/12 kommandos.

Koptas are an easy axe, but i found the bigger mobz harder to outflank and cost more CP to do it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, fluger said:

Evil Sunz has a neat trait, but they lack for gubbinz and strats.  The outflank strat is really good as is being able to recharge.  Frankly, I only failed a few charges where an extra inch would've mattered.

Some of these things are limited by models.  I only own 20 stormboyz/12 kommandos.

Koptas are an easy axe, but i found the bigger mobz harder to outflank and cost more CP to do it.

I only own 4 "real" kommandos.  But you can do alot work with bits and paint if you wanted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Used the same tournament list against a new friend I found on Facebook.  He had a Eldar/DE list with a big unit of grotesques. 

We did the ITC mission with the 4 objectives and 2 are precious.

I had some good early luck and made all my charges after "deepstrike" early and rolled up his army on one flank.  Ended up going to turn 6 but I had primaries in hand and end up winning.

Thoughts:

1.  Painboy to heal Warboss is a nice idea.  Too many snipers and psychic powers can neuter him before he gets to do work.  In a similar vein, I need to put together my warboss in mega armor for better protection in melee.  

2.  Warpath/Da Jump is worth the CP.

3.  Blood Axe remains decent, but if I wasnt committed to theme, Goff Ard Boyz seem bananas.  S5 is such a major jump. Wounding virtually every unit in the game at at least 5s is pretty slick.

4.  Lootas did pretty well due to hammer and anvil and my sea of boyz keeping the shorter ranged eldar units from shooting them.  Ended up killing grotesques pretty well.

5.  Dice roller app for the win!  Cut time by so much!  

I'm excited too because we're going to try and make Friday night at the Tree Fort in Puyallup a thing!  Yay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1