Fluger's Orks

fluger

I got to get two quick 500 pt games in last night with Dale and the Kirkmans.

I ran a simple battalion of Warboss with PK, Weirdboy, 22 boyz with Nob with PK, 19 boyz with Nob with PK, and 10 Gretchin.

I played one game against Saul with his Primaris Blood Angel force and one game against Lance with his Biel Tan Eldar.

I was impressed with a lot of what I saw, and I came away with a few thoughts.

1 . I see the value of shoota boyz again.  While most of the boyz abilities are geared towards melee, the ability to do damage at range is really important.  Dakka Dakka Dakka is a great USR and really elevates Ork shooting.

2.  The Unstoppable Green Tide Strat is awesome.  

3.  I agree with VonVilkee, Brutal but Kunning is an all star.  Makes your Warboss a blender.  

Lots of fun overall!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

’Dakka Dakka Dakka’ strikes me as a rule that is so damned perfect at making the Space Orks play like and feel like they are “supposed to” that I’m kind of dumbfounded they haven’t had it for years.

I’m really looking forward to future games against the interstellar fungal football hooligans... GW can try to push the Chaos vs. Imperium storyline as much as they want, but for me the “heart” of WH40k has always been two dozen Space Marines holding the line against hundreds of Orks.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ish said:

GW can try to push the Chaos vs. Imperium storyline as much as they want, but for me the “heart” of WH40k has always been two dozen Space Marines holding the line against hundreds of Orks.

I think the issue is that of the 40k armies, only a handful make good villians for the Imperium. The imperium is, by far, more evil than the orks, so it's hard to make them into villians. 

Have you been watching that Goblin Slayer anime? GW would need to do something like what that show does with goblins, to the ork fluff, if they wanted orks as the villians. That, or the imperium would need to become good...seems unlikely.

TAU work well against orks. The Imperium needs a foe such as Tyranids, necrons, or chaos, just be considered good guys.

Don't get me wrong, SM vs orks is still awesome, but it's just hard to think of the orks as being the bad guys. By comparison to star wars, Orks are the rebel alliance (or the Ewoks) and SM are part of the Empire.

I don't think of any faction in Warhammer 40,000 as "good guys," there might be individual characters within the factions that lean towards the "good" end of the spectrum, but for the most part its all a giant cluster of Black versus Gray. 

The T'au wish to remake the galaxy in their own sterile image, but at least at the end of the process there'd be a galaxy left. The Eldar will gladly trade a hundred-thousand human lives in order to save one of their own, but if they can help the humans without undo risk to themselves, they will. The myriad factions of the Imperium may squabble among themselves, but they squabble about what to do with the galaxy - not how best to destroy it. The Space Orks may be insanely hellbent on causing destruction, but the destruction they cause is just a side effect to their attempts to create a more comfortable reality for themselves. The Necron Dynasties just want to be left alone and are willing to massacre untold millions in order to secure their privacy... But, at least they aren't the Tyranids.  Chaos, by doing the will of the Ruinous Powers, would destroy all - not just worlds, not just the galaxy, but the universe itself - and they're cheerfully unapologetic about it!

• Like 1

Most of the Primaris Marines units seem to be really good against hordes. Lots and lots and lots of S 4 or 5, AP 0 or -1, D 1 weaponry almost always paired with high rates of fire. The main thin that Primaris Marines seem to be lacking is ranged anti-tank weaponry... It's all either plasma (and the inherent risks thereof) or the las-weapon loadout on the Repulsor. 

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Orks) [102 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Clan Kultur: Blood Axes

+ HQ +

Boss Snikrot [4 PL, 70pts]

Warboss [4 PL, 80pts]: Attack Squig, Brutal but Kunnin, Da Killa Klaw, Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw, Warlord

Weirdboy [3 PL, 62pts]: 2. Warpath

+ Troops +

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [11 PL, 223pts]: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [11 PL, 246pts]: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Choppa, Slugga
. Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Rokkit Launcha
. 26x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Boyz [4 PL, 70pts]: 10x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [4 PL, 70pts]: 10x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Gretchin [1 PL, 30pts]: 10x Gretchin

+ Elites +

Meganobz [6 PL, 105pts]
. Boss Meganob w/ PK: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw
. Meganob W/ PK: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

Meganobz [6 PL, 105pts]
. Boss Meganob w/ PK: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

Painboy [3 PL, 65pts]: Power Klaw

+ Fast Attack +

Stormboyz [10 PL, 193pts]
. 19x Stormboy

Warbuggies (Index) [4 PL, 57pts]
. Warbuggy: Rack of Rokkits

Warbuggies (Index) [4 PL, 57pts]
. Warbuggy: Rack of Rokkits

+ Heavy Support +

Big Gunz (Index) [2 PL, 30pts]
. Gun: 2x Grot Gunner, Lobba

Mek Gunz [4 PL, 90pts]
. Gun: Traktor Kannon

Mek Gunz [4 PL, 90pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk [3 PL, 67pts]: Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball

Trukk [3 PL, 67pts]: Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball

++ Total: [102 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

New idea.  The shoota boyz, buggies, snikrot, and meganobz "outflank".  Mob up the small boyz units as they go.

That's 6/15 CP accounted for, leaving me 9 for in game stuff.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

Yeah, my Necrons love auto passing morale checks and not losing more guys to mortal wounds! Orks might not auto pass, but significantly better than nothing at all, I could see Orks needing that!

They're pretty rugged with Mob Rule, but the Warboss helps units that are getting low.  For instance, if you get hit with 15 wounds on a 30 strong unit and don't have a big unit around to help but do have a warlord then you can take much less damage.

• Like 2