Fluger's Orks

fluger

18 minutes ago, fluger said:

Oh, definitely EXPENSE.  I try not to think of how many hundreds and thousands of dollars I’ve dropped on Orks.  

Pro Tip, check out Mindtaker Miniatures or any second hand source to cut costs.  

That is on my list but then my FLGS gets in New boxes and shiny model syndrome kicks in

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fluger said:

The first time I painted boyz I did 15 colors per model...on 120 models.  Bonus points, they look like [big bad swear word].

I thank the living stars for my airbrush. I do the armor in the klan color, the pants, the shirt, the weapon then midori green skin. Dry brush for various pops, airbrush was mix of nuln and earth's hade. Call it good. 

I don't have 120 but I have a lot

1 hour ago, fluger said:

I have 180 models in my 2k list and that's like 1/3rd of my collection...😩

Yea... I think I am about there as well. Easily since it's about 5x squads of grots 2x 20 boy squads, 25 loota, and that's just the basics... There are tankbustas, Mek guna (and their stupid need of 6 grots a pop), and so much more... 

1 hour ago, fluger said:

I call shenanigans on that.  They can't be targeted and are therefore unnecessary IMO.

EXACTLY!!!! I want those grots as shields dang it! 

Nope it's part of the model and is required for tournaments.... I am tempted to make orky metal cutouts of grots to give that illusion of grots

If you need to borrow some grots for the league, I have extras I've been setting aside for pathfinder/dnd uses. Mine are a healthy mix of goblins, snotlings, and grots on 20mm round bases - they look really cute on the smaller bases.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:03 AM, fluger said:

Gretchin are hella useful, especially with the new strat.  I wish I had 60.

Since I need them for Mek Gunz so people can target the grots and thus damage the gun... /sigh my kitbashed Gunz need 6 grots each... Joy

I have... 4-5 Gretchin boxes and 2 base Gunz (one more coming) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

That'll work for some events for sure.   I didn't feel like leaving that to chance though.  Besides, the actual models are pretty good for Mekguns.  I have seen some epic looking standins though.  

I am using the Trukk style and only printing the Gun Cores to attack the Cannon bits too. Everything outside of the gun core is GW bitz. 

• Like 2