Rose City Raid 2019 Tickets

thediceabide

• 3 weeks later...

No more infinity for me 

I'm confused with the meta... I've been told: "bring 4 Mutts and you'll never get a game with the person again... bring too much to TO and I'll never play you again"

then I went and played Nate and got crushed because I brought a handicapped  and didn't use Hassassin   the way they're actually supposed to be used....

at that point I realized it's just too much in the meta there's too much in what each individual group of infinity players in Portland prefer... The idea that I got to handicap myself to get repeat games with people... I'm  cool that's why I don't have a thing at Ordo that's why I didn't "Buy in" to Ordo...

At that point I kind of thought so basically handicapped myself for everybody else's benefit I don't think so.... 

See you guys around... and I heard I was "really intense" which means I intimidate the people... that's fun...

so a few good reasons why I'm not coming around and playing with anybody I'm intimidating and apparently I have to bring an army that  I can get my ass handed to me consistently doesn't make sense lost another Infinity player congratulations

On 1/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, DustGod said:

No more infinity for me 

I'm confused with the meta... I've been told: "bring 4 Mutts and you'll never get a game with the person again... bring too much to TO and I'll never play you again"

then I went and played Nate and got crushed because I brought a handicapped  and didn't use Hassassin   the way they're actually supposed to be used....

at that point I realized it's just too much in the meta there's too much in what each individual group of infinity players in Portland prefer... The idea that I got to handicap myself to get repeat games with people... I'm  cool that's why I don't have a thing at Ordo that's why I didn't "Buy in" to Ordo...

At that point I kind of thought so basically handicapped myself for everybody else's benefit I don't think so.... 

See you guys around... and I heard I was "really intense" which means I intimidate the people... that's fun...

so a few good reasons why I'm not coming around and playing with anybody I'm intimidating and apparently I have to bring an army that  I can get my ass handed to me consistently doesn't make sense lost another Infinity player congratulations

A post so Portland it hurts.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, here is the latest news from the Rose City Raid:

Rose City Raid Special Terrain

Here is a place for people to ask any and all terrain rules ahead of time regarding the Rose City Raid. I will however preempt as many as I can by describing the standard rules for terrain at the event. Hopefully by doing so, it won’t come to a surprise to anyone what the rules are, and how it is expected that you will play. Please practice by these rules if you can before the event!

Special Terrain Zones

Terrain Zone Elements. A tree in a woods is precisely where that tree is meant to be. Do not pick up and move around smaller terrain elements within a special terrain zone. Similarly, if you are in base contact with one of these terrain elements within a special terrain zone, and it is obscuring part of your silhouette, you can use it to claim cover. Sometimes a terrain zone may contain different elements of terrain, for the sake of simplicity, the entire piece of terrain will be considered the same. For example, in the picture above all the pieces of plane wreckage will be considered woods, so climbing on top of the wing does not mean you are now out of the woods special terrain.

Terrain Zone Height. Any area of terrain, with a clearly defined boundary will be considered a special terrain zone. This can be a pile of rocks, woods, etc. The height of these zones will always be equal to the tallest element of that terrain. For example, a template of woods is as tall as the tallest tree on the template. This means if you can draw LOF over a piece of terrain, you can shoot over it, the way you can shoot over anything else.

Terrain Zone Boundaries. As per the rules, any model touching any special terrain element are considered IN the terrain element. For example, some templates of trees may be too dense to move through, but a model can still be affected by the terrain if they enter base contact with it. This means if you enter base contact with a special terrain zone, you are going to be affected by any difficult terrain, saturation, or visibility rules that the terrain applies.

Multiterrain. Do not forget that the zone which the Multiterrain skill applies to must be declared at the beginning of the game. If there is only one type of Special Terrain zone on the table, it will be considered the default in case it is forgotten, but on tables with multiple types of terrain, it is very important to declare which type you are using the skill for.

Standard Terrain Zones

For the sake of simplicity, most terrain zones will fall into these categories. If there is a terrain zone on a table, which does not have it’s own special rules indicated, please use the most appropriate terrain from this chart to represent it.

STANDARD TERRAIN ZONES
NAME TYPE MOV DIFFICULTY VISIBILITY SATURATION HOSTILE
Open Water* Aquatic Very Difficult -- -- No
Swamp Aquatic Very Difficult -- Saturation Zone Yes
Rock Piles Desert Difficult -- Saturation Zone No
Mountains Mountain Difficult -- -- No
Woods* Jungle Difficult Low Visibility Saturation Zone No
Low-G Zero-G Difficult -- -- No
Minefield -- -- -- -- Yes

Open Water can apply to anything from the water in a fountain, to a swimming pool, or the open ocean. Similarly, Woods may apply to jungles as well as city parks with trees in them.

Buildings

Doors. To open a door, a model must declare the Activate skill. The door will not open until the resolution step of the order, and so will not provide LOF to models on the other side until the order is complete. Similarly, a door may be closed by using the same skill (and being in base contact with where the door would be). By default, all doors begin the game closed.

Note: If a building does not have doors, then you can obviously ignore this, just walk through the opening.

Interiors. Buildings with interiors may be entered through appropriate access points, like doors or windows large enough to accommodate the silhouette of the trooper.

Shooting through Windows and Doors. Windows may only be shot through if they are not modeled with acrylic inserts. Open windows cannot be climbed through, unless they are large enough for the model’s silhouette to move through. Models may shoot through a single window or door, so they may shoot into, or out of buildings, but not through buildings.

Props

Some tables will have props on them, most common they will be landing pads, panoplies, ramps, or elevators. These elements will have the traits associated with them in the Scenery Item Profiles part of the wiki, but for simplicity, are not destructible. Any tables with these elements will have them designated on the terrain rules for that table.

Fences. Some tables may feature chain link fences or similar. Simply apply RAW in these circumstances, they probably do not block LOF, are not saturation or visibility zones, and cannot be moved through unless they are short enough to be vaulted. Models may climb over them using the climb skill as normal.

Hostile Terrain

With the update to hazardous terrain in the Daedalus Fall book, you can expect a very small number of tables to have Hostile Terrain elements. On these tables, it will be clearly defined which elements are hostile, what rolls are affected, and what the effects are.

Samples. As an example, here are how minefields and swamps will work:

HOSTILE TERRAIN
NAME HOSTILITY LEVEL DAMAGE ATTRIBUTE
Minefield Dangerous (18+) 13 (Shock) ARM
Swamp Insecure (20) IMM-2 PH-3

• Like 1

?format=2500w

Aristeia! at the Rose City Raid!

Attention all Aristeia! Team Managers, for one night only we will have a smackdown, single round of pure Aristeia! Mayhem at the Rose City Raid!

This event is FREE to participate in for Rose City Raid attendees, and will have some awesome prizes. Pack your team of 8 Aristos and be prepared for a SINGLE ROUND Showdown-style event playing the King of the Hill scenario. We are using the Season 2 rules with the Zlavin mod, with Sponsors allowed as per the Season 2 rules (Sponsors according to your AGL profile).

The game will be played Saturday night, in the bar area, after the normal games for the Rose City Raid have concluded, drinking is both optional and recommended. First come, first served, space will be limited!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder, we will not be printing out scenarios in our player packs, so please be sure to print them out for yourself if you need them! I would highly suggest downloading the Comlog app, it’s free, and very good!

Instead, we are making sweet notebooks to document your gaming experience, check them out here:

https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?story_fbid=2486173884736762&id=211465422207631&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

• Like 1