Murder Clowns - OFCC list - testing

Ok - here is the crazy list I’m working on.  The premise is to rebuild / reimagine my old RT era Harlequin army list... with a few extras tossed in.  I also wanted to have a "dark-harlequin" list feel as well.   Anyhow, this is the list as it stands.  I am sure I have better options to get something like this with different a detachment make up - to get more CP's and all that.  Suggestions and comments are welcome.  This is ONLY a list for OFCC - it is not meant for GT's or ITC tourneys.  Just fluffy and fun and if possible somewhat competitive if that accidentally happens.

I was looking at ynnari but the character tax made what I was looking for impossible.  I do want a dark harlequin theme... so this is it currently.  It's kinda all over the place and it is exactly 2000pts currently.  After ditching the Ynnari portions I got more of what I wanted into the list - but I probably could refigure things to get a battalion out of the DE or the Harlequin detachments.  I will take another look at things tonight.  But I thought I would pop this up to see what ya'll suggest changing or ditching etc.  I have 95% of what I need to build this army (needing a few more wyches and venom to make it work).

-d

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Aeldari - Craftworlds) ++

Craftworld Attribute: Iyanden: Stoic Endurance

+ Lord of War +

Bright Stallion - (Conversion build counts as Wraithknight) -  Ghostglaive and Scattershield  (only settled on this weapon option based on points I had to spend)  The Bright stallion will be a centerpiece of my army this time around at OFCC - just for coolness / eye candy effect.  It must be included in the list.

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

Detachment Attribute
. Cult of Strife

+ HQ +

Succubus: Agoniser, Archite Glaive

+ Troops +

Wyche
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol
. 4x Wych

Wyche
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol
. 4x Wych

+ Fast Attack [13 PL, 201pts] +

Hellions
. Helliarch: Hellglaive, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
. 5x Hellion

Reavers
. Arena Champion
. 2x Reaver

Reavers
. Arena Champion
. 2x Reaver

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom: Chain Snares, Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) ++

Craftworld Attribute: Iyanden: Stoic Endurance

+ HQ +

Harlequin Wraithlord - Counts as Wraithseer: 4: Fate's Messenger, Craftworlds Warlord, Wraithcannon
. The Phoenix Gem

+ Fast Attack +

Harlequin jet bikes - (Windriders)
. 3x Windrider - Twin Shuriken Catapults

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Harlequins) ++

Masque Form: The Midnight Sorrow: The Art of Death

+ HQ +

Shadowseer: Shuriken Pistol, Twilight Pathways, Veil of Tears

+ Troops +

Troupe
x5 Players (Harlequin's Blade, Shrunken Pistol,+1 fusion pistol). 

+ Elites [8 PL, 143pts] +

Death Jester

Solitaire: Harlequin's Caress, Harlequin's Kiss, The Suit of Hidden Knives

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers
. Skyweaver: Haywire Cannon, Star Bolas
. Skyweaver: Shuriken Cannon, Star Bolas

Skyweavers

Skyweavers

+ Dedicated Transport +

Starweaver: 2x Shuriken Cannon

++ Total: [125 PL, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like what you've got going on here, for the most part, but the harlequin detachment seems fairly confused. 

Zephyrglaives are great and star bolas are not. Keep in mind, since a star bola is technically a grenade, only one model may throw one AND they may not fire another weapon if they do. So you've got a lot of mixed guns and no close combat ability.

Also, I'm not sure what the 2nd Starweaver is there to do. Is it just for the death jester and solitaire?

I'd drop the 2nd Starweaver and deck out those bikes properly-- all with haywire and glaives.

If you are curious about Ynnari, the harlequin detachment would be a great choice. IMO, the shadowseer doesn't do much unless he's accompanying a large, footslogging squad. His aura, and his psychic powers all lend themselves to that. I've also struggled with masque forms when it comes to building harlequins. They're easy if you're going all in on one type of unit, but as you mix units into one list, choosing the best masque form gets harder and harder as it'll inevitably compliment some units well, and do almost nothing for others. Midnight sorrow, for instance, does almost nothing for your bikes (as constructed) as they'll be shooting, not getting into combat.

I'd suggest Yvraine instead of a shadowseer. She's only 7 points more and gives that detachment a lot more focus. Strength from Death is great for harlequins because they're so expensive that always striking first is great. Getting +1 to hit on the charge means even your starweaver will hit on a 2+ in combat! 

Her psychic abilities is what makes her clearly better though. She's got +1 to cast and deny and her powers compliment the detachment better. I'd recommend Unbind Souls (doom for melee) and...shoot, whichever one allows her to heal bikes or infantry. 

These 2 powers make the already very good Harlequin Jetbike instead, very, very good. If you cast unbind souls and hit a unit with all 3 jetbike units, you've got 18 attacks hitting on 2+ with str 4, re-roll to wound, AP -2, and 2 damage. They can pretty realistically kill or cripple 2 vehicles a turn with shooting and wipe another unit in close combat. And on top of that, she can bring bikes back or heal those 3 wound bikes too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alternatively, if you do want to stick with true harlequins, I'd still suggest dropping the 2nd starweaver and use the points to get a 2nd Death jester (and 44 more points to upgrade bikes).

This would allow you to run it as a vanguard detachment and just lump all 6 bikes into one squad. Large bike squads just synergize really well with the harlequin stratagems. Prismatic Blur (3++), The Hundred Swords of Vaul (redeploy before the game begins), and Lightning Fast Reactions (-1 to be hit for phase) are all very good on a large, expensive squad.

I'd also then consider switching to Dreaming Shadow. The morale thing is meh, doesn't help you really. But bikes dying and firing haywire cannons is nasty.

Also, it gives you access to the relic Curtainfall for one of your jesters. I think it's hands down the best relic. Especially because the dreaming shadow stratagem An Example Made turns each hit into 2. If you fire shrieker mode into infantry, it does 2 str 7, AP -3 hits. For each of those that kill a model, they take D3 wounds and their leadership drops by 2.

I'd also recommend the Shards of Light psychic power for the shadowseer. Because if you pile that, a phantasm grenade launcher, and the shadowseer's hallucinogen grenade launcher onto the same unit Curtainfall is shooting, you're talking about 2 dead+4D3 mortal wounds and an auto-fail morale test unless they spend 2 CP.

Or Curtainfall makes a potent vehicle hunter, heavy infantry killer, or character sniper with the Shrieking Doom stratagem. 3 Str 8 shots, AP -2, Damage D3. Play both stratagems together for up to 6 of those hits! 

If they manage to kill him, on a 4+ that bad boy fires again 😈

Hope my rants help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey thanks for the things to think about.  I actually started rebuilding the list almost as soon as I posted it lol.  I did get some other comments about my plan elsewhere and came up with this 2nd take on the idea.  Although now I like that idea of getting Yvraine in the Harlequin detachment as well.  Anyhow, here is the second take on the list.  Again, comments are more than welcome!

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [50 PL, 733pts] ++

Craftworld Attribute: Ynnari

+ HQ +

Baron / skyboard - hellion leader -- this is my counts as Autarch Skyrunner: Banshee Mask, Fusion Gun [14pts], Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Hungering Blade <ynnari artifact>

Harlequin Wraithlord -- counts as Wraithseer : Lord of Rebirth, Wraithcannon, Ynnari Warlord

Yvraine : 3. Word of the Phoenix

+ Lord of War +

Bright Stallion -- counts as Wraithknight : Titanic Ghostglaive and Scattershield

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [33 PL, 529pts] ++

Detachment Attribute
. Cult of Strife

+ HQ +

Succubus: Archite Glaive, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Wyches(5)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol
. 3x Wych 
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

Wyches(5)
. 3x Wych 

Wyches(5)
. 3x Wych 

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions (6)
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 5x Hellion

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Harlequins) [38 PL, 737pts] ++

Masque Form: None (Mixed Detachment)

+ HQ +

Shadowseer: Shards of Light, Shuriken Pistol, Twilight Pathways

+ Troops +

Troupe (5)
. Players: x3 Fusion Pistol, x5 Harlequin's Caress, x2 Shuriken Pistol

+ Elites +

Death Jester

Solitaire [: Harlequin's Caress, Harlequin's Kiss, The Suit of Hidden Knives

+ Fast Attack +
Sky weavers (5)
. Skyweave: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Total: [121 PL, 1,999pts] ++

• Thanks 1

hmmm to move Yvraine I would need to replace her in the Supreme Command Detachment.  Currently, the Ynnari warlord power and relic is used in that detachment.  Warlord power to make the wraithseer even harder to put down.  And the relic gives the baron counts as some real bite in combat.  

I could add the visarch in her place - moving her to the harlequin detachment... but I would need to come up with another 120pts.  Dropping the Hellions (they are there simply for ... nothing really lol).  I can drop a few bits and bobs I thew on here and there to use up some points.  Then something else ...not sure.

Probably one of the shard nets and the fusion gun on the autarch/ Baron counts as would get me there.

-d

• Like 1

If you dropped the Hellions and the Shadowseer, and moved Yvraine to the Harlequin detachment, then you could take 3 squads of rangers (or guardians) and make that supreme command detachment into a 2nd Battalion.

That nets you more CPs and saves you from having to jam an extra HQ in. Obviously the supreme command-->battalion would no longer be Ynnari though.

• Like 2

hmmm I keep reading about some of the things I can do with the ynnari... and I think I really want the 2nd Ynnari character to keep the ability to have the extra ynnari stuff.  With the shadower as a ynnari ... I can get another phoenix power off (healing or resurrecting) to keep things from dropping easily.  

I can make the Visarch my "great harlequin" from the RT era... and either use my old great harlequin figure or make a new conversion for it.  If I added non harlequin looking stuff (rangers or guardians) I would be doing more conversion / kit bashing lol.  I could - but I'm trying not to have too much work and painting to do.  LOL.  If it wasn't strictly OFCC list I may consider it.  but as it stands I don't play enough aside from OFCC lol.

-d

• Like 2

Ok - take 3.  A little bit of adjusting.  But I think I’m pretty close now  - thoughts?

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner: Banshee Mask, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Hungering Blade

The Visarch

Wraithseer: Lord of Rebirth, Wraithcannon, Ynnari Warlord

+ Lord of War +

Wraithknight: Suncannon and Scattershield

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute
. Cult of Strife

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

Wyches
. 3x Wych

Wyches
. 3x Wych

Wyches
. 5x Wych

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider: Dark Lance, Shock Prow

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Harlequins) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Masque Form: Ynnari

+ HQ +

Troupe Master: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress

Yvraine: 3. Word of the Phoenix, 6. Ancestors' Grace

+ Troops +

Troupe
. Player: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress
. Player: Harlequin's Caress, Shuriken Pistol

+ Elites +

Death Jester

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers
. Skyweaver: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Total: [115 PL, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

• Like 1

I like this version a lot. If I were a nitpicking man (and I am, when it comes to my beloved Drukhari), I'd point out that multiple phantasm grenade launchers have diminishing value. It's an extremely rare case that reducing the leadership of 3 separate units is useful. It's usually marginally useful against 1 unit per turn, tops.

Consider that PGL+shardnet/impaler

costs the same as hydra gauntlets+agoniser. 

I'd make one shardnet squad (the large one) and make the other 2 pure damage dealers. Hydra+agoniser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That seems legit ... and an easy switch. 

My first DE force attached at Harlequin’s as well as my first Ynnari. So it all helps. 

I had to swap out the venom for the raider because I forgot that I had no place for the succubi to ride lol. I had assumed venoms took 6 like the Harlequin ride lol. 

-d

• Like 1

OK... final - final list I believe.

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds)  ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner : Banshee Mask, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult

. Hungering Blade

The Visarch

Wraithseer : Lord of Rebirth, Wraithcannon, Ynnari Warlord

+ Lord of War +

Wraithknight : Suncannon and Scattershield

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari)  ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute

. Cult of Strife

+ HQ +

Succubus : Archite Glaive, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Wyches

. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Splinter pistol

. 3x Wych

. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

Wyches

. 3x Wych

Wyches

. 5x Wych

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider : Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Venom : Chain Snares, Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Harlequins)  ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Masque Form: Ynnari

+ HQ +

Troupe Master : Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress

Yvraine : 3. Word of the Phoenix, 6. Ancestors' Grace

+ Troops +

Troupe

+ Elites +

Death Jester

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers

+ Dedicated Transport +

Starweaver : 2x Shuriken Cannon

++ Total: [115 PL, 2,000pts] ++

• Like 1

Looking good! My only issue is I hate patrol detachments. You could turn that into an outrider if you just go back and split up the bikes into 3 squads of 2. With Ynnari, there's not as much incentive to keep them lumped. If the plan was to use Ancestors Grace on them, you could just run the Autarch nearby and it would be the same thing.

I like Unbind Souls to make your Ynnari extra deadly in close combat.

• Like 2

I'll look at that - I had them separate in other versions of this list.  I know what I need to build and paint now... so I am feeling much better.  I had had the Wraithknight with a sword and shield at one point... but in this version I went back to a big gun and shield.  I'm still not sure if that is optimal... but I had been thinking of spending 1CP for the lost shroud to the Knight - just to make it harder to remove. (lost shroud halves all damage as well as giving another 5+ FNP type of roll on top of the shield.   Either to the wraith knight or to the wraith seer... not sure which option is better or more annoying.

-d

• Like 1

it has been suggested that I move Yvraine into the DE detachment -(dropping 1 succubi) as the wyches would benefit more from being Ynnari.  If I did that I think I would drop the troupe master in the harlequin patrol and go with a shadowseer for psy powers.  Not sure I could fit anything else in changes.

-d

• Thanks 1

Ok - here is the list I am looking at - final to my team captain.  I have started looking at my meager CP's to spend and wondering if it would be best to give my warlord (Wraithseer) the power to get the CP's back on a 5+.  I have played few games - over the past year.  And I typically forget to spend these lol.  But looking through the list of stratagems for the Ynnari I am thinking of many uses for spending.  Currently my warlord has the power that regains one wound per round... as well as a 5+ feel no pain sorta power. 

Thoughts?  

I can see spending one CP to give another warlord power to my Autarch -making him extra killy.  I worry about spending the CP and running out.  So I try not to lean on them to help me much.  But this list could really benefit from more CP shenanigans I think.

Here is the list...  >>> UPDATED <<<

>>><<<< MURDER HAPPY DEATH CLOWNS >>><<< (v2)

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +     Craftworld Attribute: Ynnari  ((- 2 CP on overall list))

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner : Banshee Mask, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shrunken Catapult. Hungering Blade

The Visarch

Wraithseer: Walker of Many Paths, The Lost Shroud, Wraithcannon, Ynnari Warlord

+ Lord of War +

Wraithknight : Suncannon and Scattershield

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +     Detachment Attribute: Ynnari

+ HQ +

Yvraine : 3. Word of the Phoenix, 4. Unbind Souls

+ Troops +

Wyches 

. 3x Wych

Wyches

. 3x Wych

Wyches

. 5x Wych

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider : Dark Lance

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Harlequins) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +     Masque Form: The Soaring Spite: Serpent's Blood

+ HQ +

Shadowseer: Neuro Disruptor, Shards of Light, Twilight Pathways

+ Troops +

Troupe 

+ Elites +

Death Jester 

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers 

Skyweavers 

Skyweavers 

+ Dedicated Transport +

Star weaver : 2x Shuriken Cannon

++ Total: [113 PL, 2,000pts] ++  ++ 7 CP++

• Thanks 2

I would recommend the 5+ CP regen on the Ynnari WL. It's a really good trait if you don't forget.

Have you considered Dreaming Shadow for the harlies? Soaring Spite is good for bikes but so is shooting a haywire cannon if you die.

Also, Curtainfall is an amazing relic for the Death Jester and can really go nuts if you spend either or both stratagems that enhance it.

• Like 2

Thats my thinking as well on the 5+ CP regen... I just want to be sure I wasn't missing something.  Soaring Spite is more of a place holder as anything at this point.  It will not effect the list to change it.  I figured I would fine tune particulars after some play testing.  I will take a closer look at the relics and stratagems... I am sure I can come op with more options lol.  thanks again!

-d

• Like 1

The combination of the Shrieking Doom and An Example Made (Dreaming Shadow specific) stratagems on the Curtainfall Relic makes it an insane sniper rifle.

30" range, hits on 2+, causes two str 8 hits at -3 AP and D3 damage.

The shrieker profile with An Example Made is also good for killing squads of single wound models. Hit on 2+ causes two str 7, AP -3 hits. For each one that kills a model, they take D3 mortal wounds. That's a potential 8 wounds and an extra -2 leadership!

You've got a lot of leadership draining mechanics as it is, and Dreaming Shadow Jesters are really good at it too. I think you've got the tools to drop leadership by -6 (although really -7 because the shrieker has to actually kill someone to work)! 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hmmm I tried retooling this list in Battlescribe (to make the changes for the warlord power) ... but the app said that after I changed the Harlequins to Dreaming Shadow - and gave the death jester Curtainwall relic.  Battle scribe stated that the harlequins were allowed 0 relics.  So I switched the harlequins back to soaring spite. 

After reviewing the ynnari stratagems I should be able to hand out another warlord power and/or a ynnari relic.  I'm thinking about the shroud for the warlord wraithseer just to make it extra hard to kill.

meanwhile - I have begun conversions and building this army - so the army is kinda set now 🙂

-d

• Sad 1