3rd edition

Fix

Wowza! Interesting. It looks like it may take only one order to possess a tag?!?!

But with immobilizing being B2 instead of the B1 for possession. With the talk of BTS working the same way as ARM, I'm guessing that those damage values need to be saved the same way as physical damage for the effect to take place.

I'm really loving the supports are program and really want to know how EVOs work to boost hacking.

With previous books, I've gotten the preorder mini along with the book when I ordered through Nathaniel.  They were a little slow to get their orders in for Icestorm, so I'm hoping we get the limited version but won't know for at least a week.  He orders through the Warstore's reseller program, and their shipment just arrived in the states last Thursday.  I am considering going direct to Corvus Belli for 3rd edition, depending on shipping costs.

Yeah, same here Fix.   The proof will be in the pudding. By the by, Dark Tower ordered from the Warstore, and I've been following news of the shipment. It arrived in the States on Thursday, then got flagged for customs inspection. :(  So who knows how long that will take? Then it has to get to the Warstore and finally get rerouted to us.  Probably at least another week, if not longer.

N3 Book info:

Full color books.
Estimated number of pages: Background: 180 pages; Rules: 275 pages
Binding: Soft cover with flaps. Both books are content in a case.

All N3 books reserved during the reserve period will include the exclusive "Authorized Bounty Hunter" miniature that will never be available for retail sale.

ZerWT4Tl.jpg

Warstore is now taking preorders.  $65+ shipping.

• Like 1

I think I'll wait to see if my O:Icestorm has the preorder figure in it. If not, definitely gonna pick it up from The Warstore directly.  That bounty hunter is one sexy beast.

On another note: 275 pages of rules only? Holy [big bad swear word], what is in there?

There are only about 80 pages of rules in the 2nd book, and waaaaay less in Human Sphere and C:Paradiso!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MbWGD-DJME

Command Tokens explanation:

New limited resource.  You get 4 per game (except some characters such as Sun Tzu give you a fifth).

Use them during your turn to:

Make a Link Team

Make Irregular orders into Regular orders.

One troop avoids Retreat.

Reroll a doctor check if the model has Cube

Reroll a repair check if the model has remote presence (erm... ok)

Free a TAG from the Possessed state (that certainly jives with the easier possession roll in the hacker table)

Transfer a model from one combat group to another one (SUPER RAMBO!)

and more.

Yeah I just watched the BoW videos and that model changed my mind about what I am going to run in your campaign Fix. I will no longer be playing my AsariDrell and instead will be playing the people that always pick on those sad fish men. I am really liking what I am hearing about the command tokens. It really adds a lot of flexibility to the game.

Here's a summary of how retreat has changed:

* Impetuous hasn't changed much. 

* Irregular hasn't changed much. 

* New Retreat "state" with associated marker. Some troops can ignore the "Retreat" state. 

* Breakdown chart of the phases of a turn. Fundamentally, nothing drastic has changed here aside from the new LoL rules. This exists for clarity. 

1. START OF TURN PHASE 
- Check for Retreat 
- Check for Loss of Lieutenant 
- Count Orders and type of Orders (Regular, Irregular) 
2. IMPETUOUS PHASE 
3. NORMAL ORDERS PHASE 
4. END OF TURN PHASE 
- Remove counters and markers that expire at end of turn (Smoke, etc) 
- If Loss of Lieutenant, assign a new Lt. 

* New Retreat threshold is when 75% of your army is lost. 2ndEd had 60% be the threshold. This threshold is expected to be reached later in the game (Turn 4-5). Infinity 3rdEd is expected to have troops be more survivable. 

* New RETREAT STATE. Unit may only move or dodge; cannot perform combat actions. Does not have to move to the table edge. This is relevant depending on the mission considering models that make it off the board do not count as having been killed for mission objectives. This is to deny your opponent a bigger victory. Religious Troops and Morats are not allowed to leave the table. 

* When in Retreat: 
-Normal units become irregular and become in the RETREAT STATE 
-Impetuous units become irregular and become RETREAT STATE. They lose their impetuous order
-V:Courage units become irregular but are not in Retreat 
-Remote Presence units become irregular but are not in Retreat 
-Regular Religious units are completely unaffected and remain Normal (May not voluntarily leave the table) 
-Veteran 1 units are completely unaffected and remain Normal 
-Morat units are completely unaffected and remain Normal 

Note that all models with Martial Arts automatically have Courage. 

* When in LoL: 
- All units become irregular except for Veteran 1 troops and Morats which remain Regular. Religious troops are affected by LoL normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFiSKfRIvLI#t=1242

Holy crap!  A Fiday with a Boarding Shotgun should make all commanders quake in their boots.

I like what I'm seeing.  

Template weapons may be dodged with Normal PH roll if LOF exists, or PH-3 if hit from out of LOS.  However Templates do not allow the victim to get a cover bonus!

So they are easier to dodge, but hit harder.  

The shotgun change is huge, though.  If you make your rolls, that template is going down no matter what, even if one of the minis in FTF beats you.  Love it.

Hold onto your butts!  Butts held?  Good!  It's time to talk about ammo types!

Ammo Types

New ammunition types, changes to existing ones. N3 proves to be more than just a retranslation.

• Breaker - Breaker is a new ammo type and needs BTS rolls halving the BTS value.
  • ADH - ADH is already known, but needs a PH -6 roll, and causes Immobilized Lv2; meaning you’ll be stuck until your engineer frees you.
  • DT - Double Trouble, a new ammo type, works on BTS, and needs a double roll. Bostria mentions this ammunition to be used by hackers. It sounds like a Viral + Double Action type.
  • E/M – BIG changes to E/M, triggering Immobilized Lv2, and a new state: Isolated. This means your troop will be send to its own Combat Group, no longer contributing to the order pool of the rest! Ouch!
  • Plasma - Plasma now uses ARM + BTS rules, and you need to roll for both. Luckily, it no longer causes E/M damage!
  • K1 - K1 is already shown in the Dire Foes boxes, and it negates ALL ARM, making it 0. A nasty ammo against TAGs.
  • Nanotec - functions on BTS, and has no special weirdness.

Suppression Fire gets a big change. No longer does it function as a corridor, that allows the full burst and uses the range of the weapon you’re using. In N3, Suppression Fire will have its own particular range band and a set burst. It will also function in 180 degree arc, and not just a corridor. Big changes for sure, but still very useful in dense tables.

Weapon Changes

I’ll cover just some of the major changes, as there are multiple.

N3 focusses on creating a niche for every weapon. No longer is the Heavy Machine Gun the best weapon for almost every situation. It now covers a particular range, and other weapons can be used for other ranges; Spitfires, (Combi) Rifles, even Pistols become more valuable.

The Missile Launcher will have two modes: a Terminal Template (see Templates) and an anti-tank function, allowing you to use the missile without getting your own allies in the blast radius. It also allows you to blow up walls.

Lots of weapons have the DA ammunition option, like the HMC, Multi Rifle and Multi Sniper Rifle, in a Anti-Material mode

NOOOO!!!!! 

-References discontinued due to the release of N3 FOREVER (no Army profiles):

280204-0013 Akalis, Sikh Commandos (combi rifle, HMG).

280302-0009 Invincible (HMG).

280306-0022 Invincible (Multi Rifle).

280304-0016 Tiger Soldiers (combi rifle, HMG).

280411-0057 Hassassin Ragiks (HMG, Rifle).

280616-0125 Caskuda (TAG).

280607-0085 Iskaller Jump Operator (Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun).

280618-0136 Void Operators (HMG).

280615-0123 Vector Operator (HMG)

280626-0187 Vector Operator (Hacker).

Looks like it is true, and Exrah have been written out of the game.

Also, looks like certain armies are losing their access to AD HMGs (Yu Jing, Haqqislam, PanO) though hopefully they gain a spitfire option so I can just 'counts as' that stuff.